HTML HELP!

SXMP

Oct 22, 2000
Okay guys, I need to know how to make the date or time appear in the lower left hand corner of the browser constantly. I know that the code for this goes in the "head" properties, I just do not no the proper html to make it work. PLZ PLZ I really would like some help here. THNX alot.

SXMP

Oct 22, 2000
Dang, ok guys, while that site is amazing, (i spent about 30 min just looking around) it doesnt have any script to make the date or time scroll in the bottom left (ie) where it says "Done" after the page loads. I know there are those out there that know what im talkin about and how to do it. Thnx alot guys!

Idiot56209

May 22, 2001
That's because it has nothing to do with HTML. It's a JavaScript and your needs are better served looking at a JavaScript reference like this one.

<edit> PS: To give you an idea what to look for, that place in your browser is called a &quot;status bar&quot; and there are lots of status bar scrolling scripts. </edit>

Java Jive (The Ink Spots)

nukefarmer

May 7, 2000
Put this in the HEAD section of your page, it shows current date and time in the statusbar
and updates every second.

<script>
function ShowTimeInStatusBar() {
theTime = new Date();
status = &quot;The time is : &quot;+theTime.toLocaleString();
setTimeout(&quot;ShowTimeInStatusBar()&quot;,1000);
}

ShowTimeInStatusBar();
</script>

Danball1976

Apr 8, 2001
Hey, that helps me as well, instead of relying on a Java sctipt from Yahoo, I will use yours. This will also help in loading the page faster.