HTC EVO V 4G hot, hot, hot.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals with Free Stuff/Contests' started by WaTaGuMp, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Murdoc

Murdoc Member

Thanks for the info, guys. This is what I suspected. I'll try to make my Triumph live a little longer.

2. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

you asked them what the best rom was? that is against their religion. its well known and posted warnings about it in the stickies.

those people all develop. they dont compete. they just want great development for their devices, so they never dare say what is better then what.

look for black jelly rom. it is just awesome on this phone- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2116723

3. goobee

goobee Golden Member

Picked one up today at my local Shack. Those people really try hard to get you to activate the phone on the spot, I had to forcefully say that I was not ready yet. They must earn a commission or spiff on activations. :rolleyes:

4. fredlove

fredlove Banned

I have heard of. But still well worth looking forward. Thanks.

5. Jim

Jim Senior member

Yes, but the guy I was quoting was talking about the One V, and Since HTC globally sent cease and desist orders to all the sites that had RUUs that has become their attitude to the rooting and ROMing public, not just the "One V" ROMers.

6. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

fact is, the htcdev site is still up. its easy to unlock the bootloader. do a root, install teamwin recovery, install jellybean rom and done. its not hard to do, and it makes the phone flying fast. its not a motorola!

the reason they got this phone to $50 is the screen. the glass on it is VERY scratchable. if you dont get a screen guard on it, you will get scratches just from putting it in your pocket. but a $6 screen guard solves that problem.

still, of course if i had to chose, the evo 4g is a much better phone. but for $50, the v is awesome too.

7. Jim

Jim Senior member

Compared to the LG phones and several tablets I've owned it's a complete PITA. This is a well known fact about HTC phones among the ROMing and Rooting crowd. Also, bricking by hitting VOLUP instead of VOLDN was the fun and games for several months there. (See my link previously in this thread)

8. fleshconsumed

fleshconsumed Diamond Member

Yes, VM will make you switch to $35 plan. You can probably clone Triumph to Evo 3D to remain on $25 plan, but one, that won't get you WiMax if that's one of your goals, and two, the process is kind of complicated.

9. sequoia464

sequoia464 Senior member

Managed to unlock my V, the two root guides that I found didn't work for me. Do you have a favored site that you recommend?

10. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

11. sequoia464

sequoia464 Senior member

12. WaTaGuMp

WaTaGuMp Lifer

13. wirednuts

wirednuts Diamond Member

Most of them are not noob friendly. Well, they are if u have basic linux skills. I didnt until I started flashing android phones. Plus, some of the guides don't work with the new roms that carriers put out... So if it's a really old guide then might not work anyway.