HTC and Verizon event NYC Nov 13th

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by KeithP, Nov 6, 2012.

1. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

Wasn't there supposed to be some secret HTC "phablet" device coming to Verizon around the end of the year that was rumored to compete with the Galaxy Note II?

Is this it???
    If so, then this would be a poor substitute given it doesn't have a wacom digitizer or even come with a stylus.

2. ImDonly1

ImDonly1 Platinum Member

Yes, 5" 1080p. It is the US version of the HTC Butterfly J that is in Japan. There are spy photos on android websites.

3. exdeath

exdeath Lifer

My next phone (internet appliance really) to replace my busted Droid X.

Been waiting for this since the first rumors.

I go balls out, I dont do incremental milk cow updates, and this thing has all the major milestone things I said I would need to see 2 years ago before I care to upgrade.

"Droid X2 with a few more pixels and dual core? F that Ill wait for quad core and 1080p, I'm happy with my X until then"

And here we are.

#28 exdeath, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  4. dlock13

dlock13 Platinum Member

I don't see the big deal in this phone. The 1080p screen is probably great, but the fact is like other's noted, it doesn't come with a stylus, has no digitizer, probably has horrendous battery life as HTC is known to be extremely subpar with battery, probably will be bogged with VZW apps and completely locked to Istanbul and back. Also, 4.1 update some time next year? Probably.

I just don't see the appeal for this phone. >_<

5. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

Me either. I will definitely go check it out just to satisfy my geek interests in the screen, but it is lacking stuff that should be mandatory on a phone this size, and it comes with stuff (almost all Verizon related) that shouldn't be there.

6. dlock13

dlock13 Platinum Member

That's exactly what I'm going to do as well. When this phone, Note 2, and the 2 WP8 phones come to the VZW store near me, I'll go check them out.

I would have loved it if Google picked this device as the Nexus instead or another Nexus rather. >_<