HTC 8X and Nokia 822 available for preorder from verizon Nov 9th

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by tornadog, Nov 8, 2012.

1. tornadog

tornadog Golden Member

Just saw this posted on various news sites that the 2 phones would be available for preorder at 1 am EST. I am probably going for the 8X since they are both priced at 599 each, and the 8X seems to have the better specs.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Nokia preorder verizon Forum Date
    The return of the Nokia 3310 Mobile Devices & Gadgets Feb 16, 2017
    Upgrading from Nokia Lumia 520 GoPhone to MS Lumia 640 Mobile Devices & Gadgets Apr 13, 2016
    Are Nokia N1 or N3 headsets "special"? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 4, 2015
    T-mobile preorders taking forever for anyone else? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Oct 10, 2015
    Nokia Lumia Icon is better than Samsung Galaxy in some aspects. Mobile Devices & Gadgets Mar 14, 2015

3. Nintendesert

Nintendesert Diamond Member

Did they mention how much it costs to upgrade for each phone?

4. tornadog

tornadog Golden Member

99 for the Nokia 822 after 50 MIR, and 199 for the HTC 8X

5. lothar

lothar Diamond Member

What's the difference?
    I thought Microsoft has universal specs for all their WP's(besides very minor things like cameras and such)

Or is the Nokia version coming to Verizon supposed to be some kind of red-headed stepchild like the Galaxy S3 Mini was, while the top dog is the AT&T version?

6. TheStu

TheStu Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets

They have relaxed them a little. The flagship devices have 1GB RAM, the second tier have 512. The flagship devices have faster and/or dual core CPUs, higher res, better displays and all that.

Flagship:
    HTC 8X
    Nokia 922

Second Tier:
    HTC 8S
    Nokia 822

I played with an 8X for 5 minutes or so at Best Buy last night... Not nearly as big as I thought it was going to be, the blue looks great in person, and the screen is GORGEOUS. Ugh, $650 unsubsidized though...

7. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

I'm really torn. I have the Note 2 on pre-order and want it, but at the same time I would love a Win8 phone to try out.

8. SLCentral

SLCentral Diamond Member

Is there an actual NEED to pre-order? Do VZW pre-orders, other than the iPhone, ever sell out? I'd like to see what companies like Amazon do for pricing versus paying the full $199.

9. KentState

KentState Diamond Member

It was easier to order the phone on a day I worked from home and could swing by at lunch. It will be delivered to my doorstep on release day so I don't have to take extra time out. More of a convenience factor than anything for me.

10. tornadog

tornadog Golden Member

I dont know if it makes a difference but the 8X is priced at 550 w/o contract on vzw's site and the 822 is 450

11. rbV5

rbV5 Lifer

thanks, I've been waiting. Picked up a blue 8x, ship date; 11/13/2012

12. rbV5

rbV5 Lifer

Got my 8x today. Feels real nice in my hands. Easy as hell to get up and running(even though I've been up all night at work)

I've got to say, it's a gorgeous phone. Pretty light and I can reach everything with my right hand. I came from an iphone4, which I liked quite a bit.

So far so good.

13. Face2Face

Face2Face Diamond Member

I picked up the DNA, but my wife purchased a black 8X. She loves the look of the OS and the phone. This has to be one of the most comfortable phones to hold. Screen is nice, battery life is just ok. The deal breaker is the app selection on Microsoft's market. It's really bad.... She is on the fence about returning it just for that reason.... we will see.

14. Puddle Jumper

Puddle Jumper Platinum Member

I can't see why anyone would buy the 8X when the DNA is the same price.

15. Face2Face

Face2Face Diamond Member

I love the DNA, but my wife doesn't want that big of a screen.

16. rbV5

rbV5 Lifer

If you're not missing specific apps, the 8x Is a nice phone. I'm pretty sure I'm keeping mine. The more I use it, the more I like it.

17. Deeko

Deeko Lifer

I'm not going to get into a platform debate with you as we are all well aware of your opinion - but that aside, some people do no want a 5" screen. Have you held the 8x? The combination of the size and the contoured soft touch back make it one of the most comfortable to use phones in a long time.