HT Seating

Fingolfin269

Lifer
Feb 28, 2003
What do you guys have in the theater or main viewing room?

We're having a debate here at the house between going all in on some HT dedicate seating vs. a nice reclining sectional.

1) Fusion Escapes (or similar) in a OIOOIO config. Would likely have a chair or small love seat on the side just for added guest seating.

2) Leather sectional. Would probably do something along the lines of XOOY where X is a wedge+love seat, O are recliners and Y is a chaise.

For those with something like #2, what have you found that you like in terms of quality and configurability? If I'm going to cave on #1 then having a recliner or 2 in the sectional in my location of preference is a must.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i was going to go with something like #2 when we originally were looking, but i'm extremely happy that we went with #1 type instead. my wife was not big on the HT style seating, she wanted to be able to cuddle and stuff when we watched movies, or have her nephews over and let them just all sit together.

after showing her some setups and how they aren't all the OIOIO style, showing that you can make it "couch like" she was cool with the idea. then after we got them and they were all set up, she LOVES them. we always sit in the same seats when watching movies too. they are extremely comfortable and the power reclining is awesome too. they nearly stretch out flat.

we've had 5 people sit across the middle section as well. i'm sure it's not that comfortable if you are an adult trying to do that because your butt will be on the edge, but i'm talking like girls and smaller kids have sat there fine.

ours are in the OVOOOVO setting.

TFwtNZo.jpg

V2b9mtj.jpg

these are berkline 12000 powered in leather.

EDIT:

one thing i would strongly suggest if you really want #1 and the SO is not sure, have her go check it out in a store. my wife and i went to haverty's (where our normal couch is from) to check out a sectional for the HT room, and they had their own HT seats there. when my wife sat down in one and saw the power reclining, her tune changed big time because she just thought it was so cool and awesome.

Last edited: