HS Lineman gets Pwn'd by Recruiting Hoax

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
I initially thought he made it up to get his name out there and try to pick up a scholarship through all the buzz. If I thought he could have helped my team I would have given him a look, at least on tape. But hearing his final explanation would make me a lot less likely to even consider him.

"I wanted to play D-1 ball more than anything," the statement said. "When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality.

Maybe he should take off the pads, sounds like he has already suffered far too many concussions....

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Throckmorton
Originally posted by: waggy
don't feel ot sorry for this kid.

it was just on sportscenter that portland state is looking inot having hte kid. so looks like he will play after all!

pity.

Great, reward a jackass... who supposedly isn't even a good player

he is a good player. just not devision 1 at a elite school good.

but good enough to be 3rd string at a lower school wich is better then i would say 90% of ATOT people that played football.

saying that i wouldnt give him a position. but the school does not care about what he did.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Originally posted by: Alistar7
I initially thought he made it up to get his name out there and try to pick up a scholarship through all the buzz. If I thought he could have helped my team I would have given him a look, at least on tape. But hearing his final explanation would make me a lot less likely to even consider him.

"I wanted to play D-1 ball more than anything," the statement said. "When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality.

Maybe he should take off the pads, sounds like he has already suffered far too many concussions....

I'm sure he can get a scholarship at that creationist university opening in Texas...

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
He was a jack@ss for doing what he did, but he learned his lesson. I hope he can still go on and do good things in school, including playing division 1 if someone is interested in him. The fact that he could create this hoax and his parents not even know he was doing it shows they don't have a clue what's going on in his life, which is very unfortunate. I don't blame his parents, but don't automatically let them off the hook either.