HP touchpad tablet $99

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
HP touchpad, yes the ones with WebOS which was just dropped by HP is going on sale tomorrow (8/20) for $99 for the 16GB and $150 for the 32GB version, this is a one time only price and will end once supplies are out. HP reps have been reported as saying it will start at 7AM EST. Bestbuy Canada already has this price for you northern folk.

Current way to get it to work
I just bought it 5 minutes ago, for $85 ($15 came off with the coupon save15HP). Here's the trick:
Then INSTEAD OF SEARCHING THE HP WEBSITE, click one of these 2 links:
16GB
32 GB
Add to cart and buy

When I just searched the HP website for the Touchpad (even while logged in with EPP or academic), it didn't return results with the low price. However, when I used the above links AFTER ALREADY BEING LOGGED IN TO EPP, then I got the $99 price.

ps. I don't know what the magic juju is with the above links that makes them work. All I know is they were posted on Slickdeals, I clicked them, it worked, and I bought a Touchpad for $85.

Thanks Adam8281!

UPDATE: both the 32GB and 16GB are now OOS from HP, however there are reports of B&M stores going live with this price tomorrow morning however YMMV

Update 2: Live for 129.99 and 149.99 at officedepot.
IN STOCK AS OF 4:05AM EST.
Office Depot is now OOS as of 4:55AM EST.

Update 3: walmart pricing is up, in store pickup ONLY!!! hurry now.

For anyone still looking for a 100 dollar tablet, i suggest going to the HP site and printing out a screenshot with the $99.99 price for your local Fry's (who do internet price matching now) but as always YMMV
Current rumor is fry's are shipping their stock back to HP and will not sell to anyone.

Last edited:

Docnasty

Jan 25, 2009
Pretty good deal, even though its not supported anymore if you want something to just browse the web or email. I'll prolly try to pick one up.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Update, Live using the HP academic website, use code SAVE15HP for the 16GB version or SAVE30HP on the 32GB model for 15 dollars and 30 dollars respectively.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Where did you get that news? I been on hold with HP sales for 40 minutes already trying to get one from them directly. :(

I haven't heard anything about price drop for USA yet.

Pardus

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2000
Add the HP TouchPad Case and then use coupon code SAVE30HP to get the 32gig touchpad and case for $155.78

HP should have sold these units for $99 and $149, they would have done much better. At least walk Apple up and have them drop price on the overpriced ipad.

Proof of price:

2rng9hk.jpg

25kj874.jpg

Tablet victim of major restructuring

19 August 2011
HP Touchpad

Technology giant HP has announced major plans to restructure the company, discontinuing its months-old tablet product and mobile phone lines and selling-off its personal computer business.

The HP TouchPad, which only went on sale in June, is the most high-profile casualty of the HP's decision.

Developed after HP's $1.2 billion purchase of Palm and its critically acclaimed webOS operating system, the HP TouchPad has struggled in spite of a multi-million dollar marketing campaign to promote its launch.

Last edited:

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Where did you get that news? I been on hold with HP sales for 40 minutes already trying to get one from them directly. :(

I haven't heard anything about price drop for USA yet.

I cleared my cache and used THIS link. oddly enough when i click on it now i get the 399.99 price :D

BUT i have my order confirmation for $90.09

Knavish

May 17, 2002
Maybe the deal is dead? I've tried the link without logging in & I tried creating an account with an old .edu address and I'm still seeing the original retail price.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Heads up - HP IS selling the 16GB touchpad on their phone sales for $99 - BUT, you will be charged $400 and receive a refund for the difference 5-7 business days after it ships.

I said nah. I already have an iPad 2, and will try my luck with all the stores in my area.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
Maybe the deal is dead? I've tried the link without logging in & I tried creating an account with an old .edu address and I'm still seeing the original retail price.

it seems it is hit and miss, if it doesnt work clear browser cookies and cache then close the browser reopen and try the link then, or try a different browser.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Interestingly Amazon had these two as part of their Back To School 20% promotion, but now they are both delisted. You can still find them at regular price on Amazon, but not part of the BTS promotion. I wonder if that's a sign that they are going to be discounted tomorrow as the OP stated.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
I just bought it 5 minutes ago, for $85 ($15 came off with the coupon save15HP). Here's the trick:
16GB
32 GB
Add to cart and buy

When I just searched the HP website for the Touchpad (even while logged in with EPP or academic), it didn't return results with the low price. However, when I used the above links AFTER ALREADY BEING LOGGED IN TO EPP, then I got the $99 price.

ps. I don't know what the magic juju is with the above links that makes them work. All I know is they were posted on Slickdeals, I clicked them, it worked, and I bought a Touchpad for $85.

mnewsham

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
16GB
32 GB
Add to cart and buy

Same :D

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
16GB
32 GB
Add to cart and buy

You're the mother f'ing man. That worked and I ordered one.

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
Signed in EPP and still can't it to work :(

From VoodooVyper View Post :
There's a trick to it.
Enter your EPP site/HP Academy.
Click tablets will show original price... instead, click the HP logo at top left, it'll bring you to the main intro site.
From there, click Shop for Products and services and follow the tablet trail, and you will see the adjusted prices.
This Actually Works!!

Enjoy!

Arik5405

Platinum Member
May 9, 2005
16GB
32 GB
Add to cart and buy

Ordered 2 16gb (one for me and one for my fiance) thanks!!!