HP P1110 21" 0.24 Dot Pitch Flat Screen CRT any good?

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Alright, I currently have an NEC MultiSync P1150 21" monitor (.28 dot pitch and not flat). I love the size of it, and the image quality is decent, but I was looking at these HP's, and wondering if the difference was worth the extra $50 or $60 it would cost me to upgrade after selling off my current 21". The HP is a flat screen and has a 0.24 dot pitch. I don't know how much of an image quality difference this would bring, so someone please fill me in. Thanks in advance.

jiffylube1024

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
I'm pretty sure the upgrade is well worth it if the difference after selling your old monitor is only ~$50-60. Not only will you get a higher quality monitor, but you will also get a new one, with a fresh new warranty.

ScrewFace

Banned
Sep 21, 2002
Absolutely! If it's only going to cost you a few extra bucks for a flat screen and a super-fine .24mm dot pitch then go for it!:)

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well this won't be a brand new monitor, it is refurbished. But I will be buying from the same company that I bought my current 21" from, and they are good. Here is another question, if you had your choice between the refurbished HP 21" flat screen 0.24 dot pitch, and a new Samsung 19" 0.20 dot pitch for the same price, which would you choose?

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Originally posted by: Metalloid15
Well this won't be a brand new monitor, it is refurbished. But I will be buying from the same company that I bought my current 21" from, and they are good. Here is another question, if you had your choice between the refurbished HP 21" flat screen 0.24 dot pitch, and a new Samsung 19" 0.20 dot pitch for the same price, which would you choose?
I'd probably take the new 19 inch monitor, but I have good eyes, and prefer to run 19 inch monitors at 1600x1200. If you're older and don't have the best eyesight, you would probably prefer the 21 incher. :)

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well I am 16 and have 20/15 vision. :) I will see how cheap I can get that small monitor. I got to work with one today, and they are really sharp.

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Well I am 16 and have 20/15 vision. :) I will see how cheap I can get that small monitor. I got to work with one today, and they are really sharp.
How ironically strange; I'm 16 and have 20/15 vision - with my glasses ;)

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
You MUST listen to me on this:D I have had an HP1100 for almost 3 years now and it is as solid as a rock. I also bought a referb model 21" 25mm dot pitch 1600 resolution. It isnt a flat screen but pretty close,it is a trinitron so the color is very good. My friend here in the next room has a top of the line sony and mine looks better then his, he has some bluriness around the edges on his. I paid $550.00 at the time he paid $2000.00 for his, So who do you think got the better deal.
rolleye.gif

tenoc

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
One of my 21"ers is a Dell P1110 refurb (same as the HP) and it's almost as nice as my P220f.

Put the 21" and the 19" side by side and figure it out.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well this is making it a hard decision.

Watagump and Tenoc, how good is the image quality on the P1110? I notice with my NEC 21" that everything is slightly less perfect than say my dad's 17", and also a bit lighter. The 0.20mm dot pitch on that 19" is nice. Any way you guys could take a screen shot of something like a game so I can see how it looks? I know it won't help a lot, but it would still be nice to see what I will be getting. Thanks guys.

tenoc

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
I don't think it will help at all to have a shot of what the video card is sending to the monitor.

Or are you suggesting we take photographs and scan and post the results?

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Good point, so forget it. It would be kind of nice to see some actual pics of the monitor. If you have the time and a digital camera, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Ok another question. If you had your choice between the HP P1110 and the Dell P1110, which one would you take?

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
If I am correct those should both be Trinitron tubes which means Sony makes them. I cant say get the Dell over the HP cause I have never looked at the Dell. But like I said my monitor looks better then my friends here at the appartment, and he got the TOP of the line Sony at the time. If the newer HP's are as good as the old ones you cannot go wrong getting it. I have also used a Sony model that I bought to use higher resolutions but ended up returning it because of un-even screen geometry. I am able to adjust the geometry on my HP to almost perfect. I will say this in conclusion if I ever have to buy a different monitor cause mine dies { knock on wood } I am going to cry cause I will feel like I lost a family member ;) This monitor is THAT GOOD.

tenoc

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Well, considering I could get another Dell P1110 off-lease refurb for CDN 329 shipped (U$210)........

frustrated2

Golden Member
Mar 12, 2000
Not that I am an expert on this but I have a p1110 HP monitor and couldn't be happier with it. I got it from Ubid about 2-3 years ago for $465 or something like that. At that time it was a steal!! (HP sold these for something like $1100 retail). I have had the chance to sit in front of several monitors in my life and this is truly one of the cream of the crop monitors I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Now with all that being said I had a samsung 17 flat screen monitor for a short time several years ago. It had perhaps the best picture quality I have ever seen in my life. This could have had something to do with the voodoo video card I had then as well (I think desktops looked a bit better than with geforce cards). Either way you go you will be fine but once you go 21" you can't go back:)

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: frustrated2
Not that I am an expert on this but I have a p1110 HP monitor and couldn't be happier with it. I got it from Ubid about 2-3 years ago for $465 or something like that. At that time it was a steal!! (HP sold these for something like $1100 retail). I have had the chance to sit in front of several monitors in my life and this is truly one of the cream of the crop monitors I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Now with all that being said I had a samsung 17 flat screen monitor for a short time several years ago. It had perhaps the best picture quality I have ever seen in my life. This could have had something to do with the voodoo video card I had then as well (I think desktops looked a bit better than with geforce cards). Either way you go you will be fine but once you go 21" you can't go back:)

I also got mine from an auction site, but at the time it was onsale.com. So listen to frustrated and I we both have bought the HP's and they are very good. I also couldnt agree more once you go with a 21" you CANT GO BACK:D

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well this one is also a good deal (I don't have to pay the $60 for shipping like everyone else would have to). I am so close to getting it, but then what to do with the 21" i have now....

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Well this one is also a good deal (I don't have to pay the $60 for shipping like everyone else would have to). I am so close to getting it, but then what to do with the 21" i have now....
Dual 21 inch monitors would be freakin' awesome, if your video card could handle it. Of course, you'd need the desk space, too, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem. :p

ProviaFan

Lifer
Mar 17, 2001
Well I would of course need another desk, but what could I do with dual output?
Display different things on each screen from the same computer. Browse the net and type a letter on one screen while doing email and monitoring 3 downloads on another. :D

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I see. Well since I already have two computers at my fingertips, I think I will just sell this one.

Metalloid

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
Well I bought the HP P1110 for $185, and I can go pick it up next friday. I can't wait!!! :)