HP EX920 1TB NVMe $151.99 (or possibly lower) @ Newegg store on Ebay

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EX920-M...Drive-SSD-2-/382454374689?hash=item590c0ea121

Now that the latest 10% Ebay coupon is over, Newegg lowered the price on this drive. Not a bad buy at all at $151.99. But it can possibly be had for $131.99.

However, this may be a targeted offer, but I received a $20 off a $50+ purchase on Ebay email from Paypal on December 4th. So for any Paypal users, be sure to check your email for this coupon code as well.

2.jpg

Reactions: VirtualLarry

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
That's a come-on to get you to sign up for "Paypal Credit". I don't consider "get THIS discount, when you sign up for our store credit-card", to be generally-valid discount offers, sorry.

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
That's a come-on to get you to sign up for "Paypal Credit". I don't consider "get THIS discount, when you sign up for our store credit-card", to be generally-valid discount offers, sorry.

No, that's for people who already have a Paypal credit account. I made that clear in the title and the OP. That's why I listed the price at $151.99 (which is still a great price). The additional Paypal discount was just icing on the cake for some. But to give me a thumbs down because you don't like Paypal? :rolleyes:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-EX920-M...Drive-SSD-2-/382454374689?hash=item590c0ea121

Now that the latest 10% Ebay coupon is over, Newegg lowered the price on this drive. Not a bad buy at all at $151.99. But it can possibly be had for $131.99.

However, this may be a targeted offer, but I received a $20 off a $50+ purchase on Ebay email from Paypal on December 4th. So for any Paypal users, be sure to check your email for this coupon code as well.
Where does the OP say specifically, "For Paypal CREDIT users only, may be targeted"? Paypal is not the same thing as Paypal Credit. One is a payment processor, one is a credit-card company.

Edit: As currently stated, your OP is false. If this is an offer for "Paypal CREDIT users", and not "Paypal Users", then that should be stated in the OP.

My reading of the posted graphic, is that this is a come-on for Paypal users, to sign up for "Paypal Credit", which is in fact, a credit card administered by a different bank. Which is no deal.

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
But to give me a thumbs down because you don't like Paypal? :rolleyes:
I don't dislike Paypal, I use it for paying for everything online, if I can. I don't like having to sign up for a credit card, to get a deal.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you posted this. I would be glad to change it to a thumbs-up if you would change "Paypal Users" to "Paypal CREDIT Users" in the OP. I got all excited, for like a split-second, then I realized, I would have to sign up for a credit account to get the discount (if I even got the e-mail), so then I was disappointed.

So the thumbs-down was for leading me on a Hot Deals emotional roller-coaster, due to poor / inaccurate description in the OP. :p

Edit: Ok, I've reconsidered the Thumbs-Down, and changed it to a Thumbs-Up, reflecting how I feel about the SSD deal, and simply pointing out that the additional deal, may require signing up for a Credit Account, with an underwriting bank (not Paypal themselves), and a credit check, and all that entails.

Edit: Btw, I would have ordered this one, had I not just ordered the 512GB size off of Newegg on ebay for $84.99 last night. Oh well, not like I really need the extra space right now anyways. And I have a barely-used 4TB spinner on my main rig too, just to offload some stuff from my current 240GB SATA SSD.

Edit: Guess it's irrelevant, it's OOS now. Oh well. Friend of mine ordered the 512GB one too, last night, like an hour after I ordered mine, and the price had already gone down to $79.99. So I paid $5 more than my friend, and I haven't even received it yet. I could maybe make a bother at Newegg, but I'm not too upset.

Last edited: