HP AIO buttons will not work with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Father in law bought a HP AIO C6280 sometime ago when he purchased a new computer with Vista (All within the last year and half.)

He uses the printer from the software all the time. A couple months ago he wanted to scan a page into to his computer with the scan button but no dice. The option for printing to computer will not work. He called me and we hooked up thru Remote Assistance.

It will scan thru the software to the pc but not the button. After searching around the web I have found many people with this problem. I went to the HP website and found the driver for the printer. I was thinking the software was outdated but after researching I found he had the all right software. I then went to their FAQ and found this:
Support details
Issue
When the scan button is pressed on the product, nothing happens. The scan button does not work correctly.
Workaround
Choose one of the following options to scan without using the scan button.
Option one: Scan using Windows Fax and Scan
1.Click the Windows icon ( ), click Programs , and then click Windows Fax and Scan .
NOTE: The Windows Fax and Scan option is available in the Business, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions of Windows Vista. If you have the Home Basic or Home Premium edition of Windows Vista, skip to Option two: Scan using Paint .
2.Click New scan .
3.Click File , and then click Scan .
Option two: Scan using Paint
1.Click the Windows icon ( ), click Programs , and then click Accessories .
2.Click Paint .
3.Click File , and then click From Scanner or Camera .
4.Click Scan .
Cause
The drivers in the Windows Vista operating system do not support button press functionality on the product.

Now unless I am missing something which could be but I do not think I am. This is bullcrap, how in the hell can a company sell a product that does not completely work (Yay I know Vista). It is not like he ran out and bought it 2 days after Vista came out but in fact 2 years after Vista debuted.
I am still looking for solution but still no luck.

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: Billb2
There are a number of driver updates available from HP here.

Thanks Bill but I checked the drivers and they are up to date. The quote I have in the OP is from the HP website itself.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
It's *probably* because HP's consumer lines absolutely suck and their drivers are the worst on earth.

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
It's *probably* because HP's consumer lines absolutely suck and their drivers are the worst on earth.

Yeah, that's HP for you. I had to use a graphics driver hack to get my HP laptop to work with Win7.

amdhunter

Lifer
May 19, 2003
Did you try disabling UAC to see if it would "magically" work? (Even though HP says it doesn't work, there is always a way IMO.)

tyler811

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Originally posted by: amdhunter
Did you try disabling UAC to see if it would "magically" work? (Even though HP says it doesn't work, there is always a way IMO.)

It is

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew

They aren't that bad. Not the best, but they don't suck imo. Our work laptops are HPs and they work quite well actually. I agree their drivers are very lacking, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.