howto disable tapatalk sig?

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I have a Samsung galaxy S2 and i cant find a settings option in tapatalk to disable the annoying sig. How do i do it? tapatalk version 1.13.5

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
still cant figure it out, dont see setting option in tapatalk.

Also should mention ive only had phone for 8 hours and im a total newbie and have never use andriod before.

You are talking about the tapatalk menu right? because i do not see a settings option in the main menu.

Dulanic

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2000
open app
click settings
scroll down to "tapatalk Signature"
click
select NONE

Only missing step is press the Menu button on your phone (For SGSII, bottom left button) then that pops up the option for "Settings". This is right after Open App

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Only missing step is press the Menu button on your phone (For SGSII, bottom left button) then that pops up the option for "Settings". This is right after Open App

Thank you, bolded was my malfunction :)

Dec 30, 2004
the real question is how to stop off that obnoxious spam popup on your phone every time you visit a tapatalk enabled forum in a different browser.
visit anandtechforums in browser1-- popup
visit xda-developers in browser1-- popup
visit anandtechforums in browser2-- popup
visit xda-developers in browser2--popup

If you juggle multiple browsers because you're trying to find which one you like best, this is extremely annoying. DolphinHD, Opera, Stock browser, xScope, Dolphin Mini, etc.
Even more annoying is when you're googling for some tech related question and open 4-5 tabs in the background all from different forums that you're never going to visit again-- and get 4-5 popups that "This forum is tapatalk enabled!!"

I posted about this in their forums and was told by a mod "that's up to the forum administrator". Right, so you have to track down every forum on the internet and convince their administration to turn off the spam prompt...

They don't have a sustainable business model either. What will they do when everybody that regularly visits forums has purchased the app? Where will they get money from then?

A better revenue model is for them to license the app to the forum owners who provide it as a download in the market to access your forum, then the user doesn't have to pay anything and the app and Tapatalk are paid for with ad revenue.

Last edited:

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
the real question is how to stop off that obnoxious spam popup on your phone every time you visit a tapatalk enabled forum in a different browser.

If you juggle multiple browsers because you're trying to find which one you like best, this is extremely annoying. DolphinHD, Opera, Stock browser, xScope, Dolphin Mini, etc.
Even more annoying is when you're googling for some tech related question and open 4-5 tabs in the background all from different forums that you're never going to visit again-- and get 4-5 popups that "This forum is tapatalk enabled!!"

I posted about this in their forums and was told by a mod "that's up to the forum administrator". Right, so you have to track down every forum on the internet and convince their administration to turn off the spam prompt...

They don't have a sustainable business model either. What will they do when everybody that regularly visits forums has purchased the app? Where will they get money from then?

A better revenue model is for them to license the app to the forum owners who provide it as a download in the market to access your forum, then the user doesn't have to pay anything and the app and Tapatalk are paid for with ad revenue.

I actually noticed this today, is there no way to disable these notifications?

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Nope. It's why I refuse to buy the app. :frustrated:

hmmm, i guess there is no kind of noscript or similer type of app that can stop these notifications(sorry if thats a dumb question, new to smartphones)?

Would it be possible to write a custom script to stop the browser from displaying the messages?

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000

I've never noticed this...Maybe this only happens on the "free" version and not the paid version?
I tried that in Opera Mobile and received no popups.

Dec 30, 2004
I've never noticed this...Maybe this only happens on the "free" version and not the paid version?

Clear cookies in android browser, then use the android browser to visit forums.anandtech.com

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
It keeps popping up only if you keep clearing your cookies each time.

But I do admit that it's annoying even the first time. No I do not want Tapatalk, the forums look just fine on my 720P screen thank you very much.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002

But I do admit that it's annoying even the first time. No I do not want Tapatalk, the forums look just fine on my 720P screen thank you very much.

But Tapa is so much faster while using less data. Plus you can use night mode so everything is in black except for white texts. Saves ton of battery if you're using Amoled screen phone. You can turn on night mode on ICS stock browser but I don't think most people will like it.

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I just tested this and you are right, doesnt do it in opera. i like opera better anyways im going to use it as default now.

Dec 30, 2004

or when you open 5 tabs in the background from 5 different forums while googling for tech-related things, and again every time you use a different browser....:(

Last edited: