How's the sound on Ipods?

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Right now I use my 8330 plugged into my aux connector in my Element but the problem is that the 8330 volume output isn't very high nor does it have a built in equalizer so when I listen to mp3's via the 8330, I have to turn the volume on my deck pretty damn high. Do the Ipod's have an EQ? Can you turn up the volume to almost deafening?

Thanks for your input.

DocDoo

Golden Member
Oct 15, 2000
Guess that depends on which iPod. My iPod Touch (2G) has a large selection of pre-set EQ settings. However, I would never use it or rely on it to increase sound output. Built in EQ's are generally only good at increasing distortion through saturation. Then again, many people wouldn't know when sound clipping is actually happening so..YMMV.

As for max volume, that can also depend on the input sensitivity (AUX) of the Element's radio. So unless someone else that has an Element replys, you won't really know till you try it. However, I'm willing to bet the iPod's have a higher output voltage than the Blackberry has. Thus more overall volume! Its all about voltage.

This week I (too) plan on hooking up my iPod Touch to my AUX input in car.

Cdubneeddeal

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2003
Thanks for the reply. Even through higher quality headphones on my BB the sound output isn't high. Thought my BB would be a do it all phone, and it really is, but the music player is weak.