How's sound and GPS on the iPhone 6 overall?

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
I am thinking of switching from my Note 4 to the iPhone 6+ because I am having constant issues with sound and GPS.

The sound quality and levels are horrible both when receiving and making calls. People constantly complain they cannot hear me. Also, GPS only works in "accuracy mode" and even that is spotty. In GPS only mode it doesn't work at all.

I am sure it's not just an issue wit this particular phone. I had all the same problems with Note 3, and many other Samsung phones.

I tried my dad's iPhone 6+ and GPS seems to be perfect. Hasn't failed yet. As for sound, I cannot know for sure, because I'd need to use it everyday for that.

How do you guys feel about your iPhones? How's your sound and GPS?

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I also hate the audio on the Note 4, and the Android phones I've owned in general, very happy with GPS on iP6 (and 6+) quick to lock, and they have the software sorted out well to conserve battery life as best as I've seen yet.

The Note 4 has a better screen, but I prefer the iP6 by a pretty wide margin.

Last edited:

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I have noticed no difference in GPS between my 6+ and the Note 4. I don't remember having any sound issues on the N4, but my 6+ definitely has seemingly random volume issues during calls.