How's BF 2142?

tigersty1e

Golden Member
Dec 13, 2004
I have BF2 and I only play infantry only servers because of the horrible balance with vehicles. Especially the air vehicles.

So how's the balance in BF 2142? That walking mechwarrior tank looks cool and powerful. The flying vehicles look strong, too.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
never played bf2142..

but normal vehicles arent *that* unbalanced in bf2.

air is rediculous, though.

i pretty much *only* play mashtuur, because the choppers generally arent that bad.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Air is weak in 2142. Not useless but nothing at all like BF2. The rest of the vehicles are decent. Not over powering, but still fun. Over-all I'd say they play less of a role in general then they did in BF2.. but not by much.

HardWarrior

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
2142 isn't as good as it used to be all of a sudden. Many of the best servers are FF=off now. It seems like the favorite and most current "exploit" is to suit up as recon and RDX as a frontline weapon.

LittleNemoNES

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: HardWarrior
2142 isn't as good as it used to be all of a sudden. Many of the best servers are FF=off now. It seems like the favorite and most current "exploit" is to suit up as recon and RDX as a frontline weapon.

I find BF2142 to involve too many cheap and dirty tactics. RDX whoring was carried over from Karkand (BF2).

I still like to play on well admin'ed Gulf of Oman and Sharqi servers

ourfpshero

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2005
a sharp squad kills the whores b4 they get too close :)

the vehilce arent overpowering in 2142- a good engineer saves the day by mining and shooting armor and air. and turrets abound

leeland

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Fayd
Originally posted by: needalife
Fayd.. do you go to insomnia 24/7 mashtuur server?... i play there all the time..

yeah. that's the only 24/7 mashtuur server i know of :)

great server.

I used to Live on that server...I will have to revisit that one tonight!!! I LOVED sniping on that map it is so wide open...

what is you guy's names in BF2?

Mine is the obvious :D

leeland...

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Lol, airpower in bf2142.

If the only vehicles weren't the equivalent of flying rocks to 2/3s of the people attempting to use them,the majority of the maps aren't big enough to allow anything other than a constant turn.

dknippe2

Jun 22, 2006
I'd only seen a friend play BF2 once and I thought it looked all right, picked up BF2142 and I absolutely love it. I actually find that the balance is good, maybe even favoring anti-vehicle weapons too much (To get rid of the motion mines you have to jump out and blow them up, not conducive to staying alive in a fight). I've heard of the RDX ploy, but fortunately I don't see it much on the servers I play on, they seem to be clean (BROS and the AOW servers usually have good competition for beginning to moderate skill levels). Lupi is so right about the flying rocks in the hands of the inexperienced, i laughed out loud when he said that. You just have to see for yourself a new guy hopping into an air vehicle, wobbling a little to the right and left, then just rolling backwards off the Titan air deck and blowing up by hitting the side. Anyway, go get it! That's my two cents.

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com
Originally posted by: leeland
Originally posted by: Fayd
Originally posted by: needalife
Fayd.. do you go to insomnia 24/7 mashtuur server?... i play there all the time..

yeah. that's the only 24/7 mashtuur server i know of :)

great server.

I used to Live on that server...I will have to revisit that one tonight!!! I LOVED sniping on that map it is so wide open...

what is you guy's names in BF2?

Mine is the obvious :D

leeland...

cant play for another few days, but when i can, i'll be sure to hop on :p

<-- FaydL2 :)

Bonger

Apr 23, 2001
Not even. I play BF2142 on a 1800+ with a 7600 and a gig of RAM. I have no complaints in smaller games. Theres some lag in full 48/60 player games but nothing intolerable.

I've been playing for 2 weeks and I've noticed the following.

Regarding the balance question, I would say that the game is very well balanced. Its definately a rock paper scissors scenario. The RDX mines really atren't too bad as long as pay attnetion and have a support guy in your squad to pick up the cloakers you should be all set. Oh, and I am totally a cloaker terrorist, lol. I totally feel the feeling of pure glee when I RDX a silo and get to blow up a whole squad who come for the cap. Almost as good as cloaking, creeping up to sniper and knifing him. ;-) Ofcourse, more often than not, I miss with the knife and they kill me. But, when I don''t F it up, I love it lol.

Most of the time air is underused and improperly used. Most people can't fly to save their lives. I have, however, seen people dominate the game with an attack chopper. Some fellow name CrazEsquirrel or something like that single handedly defeat my team 2 days ago. We were playing titan and had the other sides shield down when ours was still at 50%. It should have been a sure win, but this fellow was phenomenol in the chopper. Every time we tried to land a transport on their titan, he eradicated our chopper before it even got close. Try podding in from an APC. The second we landed, boom, dead.

So while we were dieing to him in mass, they took over all the silos, hopped on our titan and game over.

Unfortunately, we were all noobs and couldn't shoot him out of the sky. :(

Anywho, I go under Bonger_Jr in the game.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
hehe, I just remembered I bought that game some time ago, installed it, played it for a total of 30mins and put it down. I dont even remember if I like it or not. Ug, so many game I bought, so little time to play. Life sucks that way sometimes. :)