How'd we miss this one? Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at E3

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I saw that during E3. For some reason I thought it was console only but I just looked at something that says it's for PC too.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Ahh that's the one with the name I couldn't think of done by Curt Schilling's game studio. Saw it on G4 the other day and it looked pretty wicked, just couldn't think of the name.

rivan

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2003
http://reckoningthegame.com/faqs said:
On what platforms will the game be playable?

Reckoning will be available for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Looks nice, but on the game site, it has an EA logo. Booo.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I remember reading about this. Apparently the guy leading this did Morrowind and Oblivion. In an interview IIRC he said the combat was what was always lacking in RPGs. Also, RA Salvatore was doing the writing. Might end up being good.

Qbah

Diamond Member
Oct 18, 2005
Combat looks tight! :D Very cool looking game. Hopefully there's a demo released.

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
So, not an MMO? I thought that was Kurt's forte or at least what he really enjoyed/

Arglebargle

Dec 2, 2006
I'm not that fond of Salvatore as a writer, but for games he's probably a step or two up from the usual. Rolston's got industry cred, that's for sure. Upside, he was lead for Morrowind. Downside, he was lead for Oblivion.

The videos were very interesting, certainly put this up on the radar for me. As I understand it, they are still working on an MMO, to be set in the same universe far in the future from this game.

I hope it does well: Always liked Schilling, ever since he rescued Squad Leader from the clutches of Hasbro.

skace

Lifer
Jan 23, 2001
So, not an MMO? I thought that was Kurt's forte or at least what he really enjoyed/

If this is a relatively new studio. It would be very, very smart for them to make a single player open world game based on the same technology they plan to utilize in an MMO. I'm not going to give them too much credit, but yea, I applaud what they are thinking. Their only risk is that the entire MMO genre vanishes by the time they release their actual MMO and I don't see that happening.

Phanuel

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2008
Here you go, all you ever wanted to know about Curt, his studio, and the games he's making.

Curt's username is Ngruk (thread starter) and the end of the thread obviously is more current on content.

The game demo'd at E3 is a non-MMO RPG with third party assistance to basically test out game ideas and get his studio's name out there. The MMO is all self funded from what I remember and will have no outside influence.

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Here you go, all you ever wanted to know about Curt, his studio, and the games he's making.

Curt's username is Ngruk (thread starter) and the end of the thread obviously is more current on content.

The game demo'd at E3 is a non-MMO RPG with third party assistance to basically test out game ideas and get his studio's name out there. The MMO is all self funded from what I remember and will have no outside influence.

It doesn't say anything about his fake bloody sock, why the BoSox suck or how Curt came to know everything about the universe :p

It is, but I also imagine they have to start small.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
that guy is crazy in a good way. Ill keep an eye on this. Problems as I see it are the whole console thing. But eh I like exploring.

maniacalpha1-1

Diamond Member
Feb 7, 2010
I love me some Aeryn Sun. My guess is thats she's probably doing some voice work for the game?

I'm assuming; the voice seemed to be part of the trailer itself, and it seemed to be showing something that will be part of the game later.

Macamus Prime

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2011
Heard about this before it was called Kingdoms of Amalur - when it was just called Curt Schilling's game.

Looking forward to it.

ibex333

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2005
Looks like a very promising game. Hopefully when it comes out, it wont be infected with a bad case of consolitis.