Howard Dean on Larry King

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Anyone see it earlier?

It's on again in 10 minutes.

Just wondering if it was worth watching.

chowderhead

Platinum Member
Dec 7, 1999
I enjoyed the part where Dean was defending himself against the charge that he was too liberal. He started to say that the electorate was moving too far to the right but corrected himself and said administration - opps! I know this is minutae but it gives me insight into this guy's thinking process :D

Jan 12, 2003
I would rather have my daughter drink a beer in college, than to have my son robbing country clubs and driving the 'get away car'. :)

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
Does he even have a foreign policy?

Well if he can name off the leaders of Pakistan and India then it would be a step up over Dubya at this point.

zantac

Jun 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Ferocious
Oh man.

He has like ZERO chance of winning.

He's way too boring to listen to.

Bush isnt exactly an enthralling speaker either.

oreagan

Jul 8, 2002
Say what you will, Dean has a hardcore PR team...I see his name way more than anyone else. I prefer Edwards myself, good story (son of a middle-lower class couple who worked hard and put him through school) and stance on issues, but Dean is campaigning exceedingly well. He's using the Internet more than the other candidates too.

busmaster11

Platinum Member
Mar 4, 2000
Boy it sucks to think about how much less of a sh!thole our country would be in now if he was in charge.

He certainly has my vote, and I didn't even see his speech.

Wag

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
He's on the cover of Aug 11th issue of Time. I'll read it later.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Saw him for the first time on the Today show this morning. Matt Lauer did his best to try and trip him up but he held well.

I will attend the Meet Up here in the Atlanta area tomorrow evening.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Dean is as big of a joke as the rest of them. He is pegged as a strait shooter and a "no-nonsense" talker. Yeah right. Just take a peak at his comments in regards to gay marriage on the LK interview. He does everything but ANSWER Larrys question...4 TIMES!!!

You Dean supporters are going to be in for a big surprise once one of the 8 other dwarfs decide to attack him. There is dirt on him...it's just a matter of time before one of his opponents start using it. (and no Bush doesn't need to step in to attack - the others will destroy him before Bush gets the chance)

....Hmmmmm....

Sealed his Gubernatorial records for 10 years? Hmmm .... wonder why he did that?

Dean is toast once Americams find out that he is just another dirty politician let alone figure out that he's going to take their tax-cuts away.(better not spend those $400 checks if you want Dean to win;) )

CkG

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY
Dean is as big of a joke as the rest of them. He is pegged as a strait shooter and a "no-nonsense" talker. Yeah right. Just take a peak at his comments in regards to gay marriage on the LK interview. He does everything but ANSWER Larrys question...4 TIMES!!!

You Dean supporters are going to be in for a big surprise once one of the 8 other dwarfs decide to attack him. There is dirt on him...it's just a matter of time before one of his opponents start using it. (and no Bush doesn't need to step in to attack - the others will destroy him before Bush gets the chance)

....Hmmmmm....

Sealed his Gubernatorial records for 10 years? Hmmm .... wonder why he did that?

Dean is toast once Americams find out that he is just another dirty politician let alone figure out that he's going to take their tax-cuts away.(better not spend those $400 checks if you want Dean to win;) )

CkG

Where's this dirt on him? What makes him just another dirty politician? Examples please? How about where you got this tidbit about him sealing his records? At least source that.

And if the Americans find out what a dirty politician the President is, with his irresponsible fiscal policy, his tax cut package for the rich, his misleading statements about the Iraq war, his ineptitude in fighting Al Qaeda, and his lack of compassion in funding primary and secondary education, they might see that he's another dirty politician too.

As for his dodginess on the gay marriage issue, yup I'll admit he flubbed that one. But he still made a good case for how the federal government should deal with it, and it was commended by a right winger on this board.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

....Hmmmmm....

CkG

Where's this dirt on him? What makes him just another dirty politician? Examples please? How about where you got this tidbit about him sealing his records? At least source that.

And if the Americans find out what a dirty politician the President is, with his irresponsible fiscal policy, his tax cut package for the rich, his misleading statements about the Iraq war, his ineptitude in fighting Al Qaeda, and his lack of compassion in funding primary and secondary education, they might see that he's another dirty politician too.

As for his dodginess on the gay marriage issue, yup I'll admit he flubbed that one. But he still made a good case for how the federal government should deal with it, and it was commended by a right winger on this board.

Google is your freind;)
Dean sealed records for 10 years instead of the customary 6.

Now as for the "dirt" - ask John "F" Kerry. I'm sure it'll come out:D I obviously don't know what it is(yet) but you can bet his opponents for the Dem nomination have some and are looking for more.

Umm...I think it was Lieberman who just attacked Howard the Duck Dean on the irresponsibility of repealing the tax-cuts....something about hurting the middle class....Hmmmm.

Now, I agree that the "gay" issue should be left up to the states - if that's what you think Dean meant, but there are problems with that too but should be and probably are being discussed in the appropriate thread.

This isn't a Bush vs Dean thread but thanks for paraphrasing page 1 of the Dems playbook:) (note: the book has 2 pages - page 2 reads "See page 1. The End" :p)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

....Hmmmmm....

CkG

At least Dean can string coherent thoughts together and manage not to bungle every other word
rolleye.gif
But please fill us in on all of this "dirt" you seem to know about. You have a penchant for knowing the future, so let's hear it. ;)

EDIT: Oh! So there's "dirt" on Dean, but you don't know what it is yet? What the hell does that even mean?

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Google is your freind;)
Dean sealed records for 10 years instead of the customary 6.

Let's see what Google turned up:

Burlington Free Press

Shortly before he left office in January, Dean said he wanted a longer period because he already was running for the presidency.

"Well, there are future political considerations," he said at a news conference. "We didn't want anything embarrassing appearing in the papers at a critical time in any future endeavor."

There's some of that straight talking you were asking about earlier.

But where oh where would you get such a juicy tidbit from I wonder? You weren't perusing the Burlington Free Press last week were you?

Ah, the bastion of reputable journalism that is the Drudge Report

So is this the source which you were trying to not admit?

Also, for the love of Allah, lay off the smileys.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: DealMonkey

....Hmmmmm....

CkG

At least Dean can string coherent thoughts together and manage not to bungle every other word
rolleye.gif
But please fill us in on all of this "dirt" you seem to know about. You have a penchant for knowing the future, so let's hear it. ;)

EDIT: Oh! So there's "dirt" on Dean, but you don't know what it is yet? What the hell does that even mean?

Ask J. F. Kerry That's all I'll say at this juncture.
If you believe Dean is clean, then you are more niave than you claim Bush supporters to be.;)

CkG

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUYAsk J. F. Kerry That's all I'll say at this juncture.
If you believe Dean is clean, then you are more niave than you claim Bush supporters to be.;)

CkG

Cool, you're rhyming now?

But seriously - are you under some sort of vow of secrecy? Puh-leeze
rolleye.gif
If you know something, why not share?