Howard Dean and the so called Abramoff "Republican Scandal"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: conjur
I'm not the one that started a thread on it. You're casting stones at one Democrat with no proof he's done anything wrong. The same cannot be said of the GOP where we've already had convictions or charges on several high-ranking members (Abramoff, Scanlon, DeLay, Safavian, Cunningham) and more coming.


You don't care about the truth. You're just looking for a way to divert attention from the growing scandal in the GOP.

I started a thread on what Howard Dean stated and the fact of Harry Reid's actions as being very much a quid pro quo case. While you conjur may not like to believe that writing a letter on behalf of Jack?s clients and then receiving 5k the next day is more then suspicious, some do or either the post wouldn?t have even written about it . Like it or not, the main point of this thread is the fact that Howard is using this for political gain when in fact it very well may blow up in his face.

I can go round and round all day with conjur but you are waste of my time, at best. I accepeted this fact the very first day I ever came to anandtech P/N.
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
3
0
" the fact of Harry Reid's actions as being very much a quid pro quo case."

Fact? What fact? The only fact I see is a letter was written. Again, for the 3rd time, what was the content of that letter and did it affect legislation or Congressional appropriation of money?
 

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: conjur
" the fact of Harry Reid's actions as being very much a quid pro quo case."

Fact? What fact? The only fact I see is a letter was written. Again, for the 3rd time, what was the content of that letter and did it affect legislation or Congressional appropriation of money?

So your telling me the letter on behalf of the tribe could not be considered enough for a case. Good stuff. Like I said if you want to find out the content why don't you go find out for yourself.
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
3
0
You're the one that started this thread and the only piece of "evidence" you show in the OP that has any sort of taint to it is the money received by Reid and the letter written with absolutely ZERO details on the content of that letter.


I'm not the one with the responsibility to prove what's in that letter. You're just a typical right-wing, partisan hack. Throw enough mud and hope some of it sticks. It's people like you that are at the root of the decay of the political system in America.
 

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: conjur
You're the one that started this thread and the only piece of "evidence" you show in the OP that has any sort of taint to it is the money received by Reid and the letter written with absolutely ZERO details on the content of that letter.


I'm not the one with the responsibility to prove what's in that letter. You're just a typical right-wing, partisan hack. Throw enough mud and hope some of it sticks. It's people like you that are at the root of the decay of the political system in America.

That is certainly rich coming from all people.

Wake up conjur, if there was a partison hack to be crowned in anadtech p/n it would most certainly be you.
 

Darkhawk28

Diamond Member
Dec 22, 2000
6,759
0
0
Indian tribes are allowed to give to whatever party they feel like.

Indian tribes used to be Democrat friendly, because the Dems were friendly toward them opening casinos.

Abramoff came in and played both sides of the fence....

For instance:

Tribe A wants a new casino.
Tribe B does NOT want tribe A to get a new casino.

Abramoff would go to tribe A and say "Hey, I'll make sure my Republican buddies switch their vote and let you have a new casino."

Abramoff would then go to tribe B and say "Hey, tribe A wants a new casino. Give me money and I'll make sure tribe A doesn't get it and that you guys, tribe B, remain the lone man on the block. I'll make sure my Republican buddies never let tribe A get a new casino."

The plain and simple fact is that once Abramoff started lobbying the tribes, campaign donations flipped immediately. Abramoff was effective, but it was also illegal.
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
3
0
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Um what are you talking about. There is an investigation on the table the answers are coming maybe not to your liking but I'm not hear to answer any of your questions.
It's a bloody epidemic.

There seriously needs to be a study done re: the lack of reading comprehension skills amongst far-right conservatives.


What was the content of that letter written by Reid? Did it affect legislation? Did it pass business to the tribe? Those questions will need to be answered before any fingers can be pointed at Reid.

???
 

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Um what are you talking about. There is an investigation on the table the answers are coming maybe not to your liking but I'm not hear to answer any of your questions.
It's a bloody epidemic.

There seriously needs to be a study done re: the lack of reading comprehension skills amongst far-right conservatives.


What was the content of that letter written by Reid? Did it affect legislation? Did it pass business to the tribe? Those questions will need to be answered before any fingers can be pointed at Reid.

???

????
 

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: Darkhawk28
Indian tribes are allowed to give to whatever party they feel like.

Indian tribes used to be Democrat friendly, because the Dems were friendly toward them opening casinos.

Abramoff came in and played both sides of the fence....

For instance:

Tribe A wants a new casino.
Tribe B does want tribe A to get a new casino.

Abramoff would go to tribe A and say "Hey, I'll make sure my Republican buddies switch their vote and let you have a new casino."

Abramoff would then go to tribe B and say "Hey, tribe A wants a new casino. Give me money and I'll make sure tribe A doesn't get it and that you guys, tribe B, remain the lone man on the block. I'll make sure my Republican buddies never let tribe A get a new casino."

The plain and simple fact is that once Abramoff started lobbying the tribes, campaign donations flipped immediately. Abramoff was effective, but it was also illegal.

True
 

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
58,686
3
0
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Um what are you talking about. There is an investigation on the table the answers are coming maybe not to your liking but I'm not hear to answer any of your questions.
It's a bloody epidemic.

There seriously needs to be a study done re: the lack of reading comprehension skills amongst far-right conservatives.


What was the content of that letter written by Reid? Did it affect legislation? Did it pass business to the tribe? Those questions will need to be answered before any fingers can be pointed at Reid.

???

????

Just as a I suspected. You have no answers, only speculation.


buh-bye
 

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
2,201
0
0
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: conjur
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Um what are you talking about. There is an investigation on the table the answers are coming maybe not to your liking but I'm not hear to answer any of your questions.
It's a bloody epidemic.

There seriously needs to be a study done re: the lack of reading comprehension skills amongst far-right conservatives.


What was the content of that letter written by Reid? Did it affect legislation? Did it pass business to the tribe? Those questions will need to be answered before any fingers can be pointed at Reid.

???

????

Just as a I suspected. You have no answers, only speculation.


buh-bye

So your telling me the letter on behalf of the tribe could not be considered enough for a case. Good stuff. Like I said if you want to find out the content why don't you go find out for yourself.

huh huh huh buh-bye

Just as a I suspected. You have no answers, only speculation

:laugh:

Tell you what while your at it fly out to DC and file that FOIA request in Reid's office on my behalf. :laugh: