How would you divide Israel and Palestine?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Once all the people there realize that there is no god and that they are in fact "one people", there will be no need to divide them. I recommend the name Israelstine or Palsesrael .

mchammer187

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2000
Make it one big country call it whatever you want. Take away any religious doctrine enshrined in the constitution and give everyone equal voting rights.

crashtestdummy

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2010
Honestly, I don't see a way in which this gets resolved that doesn't involve the expulsion of one group of people. One of the more tolerable divisions would be for Israel to take everything north of Hebron and Ashkelon (including Jerusalem), With the Palestinian state consisting of everything to the south.

The reason the Israelis wouldn't accept this, though, is that they would lose Eilat, and thus access to the Indian Ocean should Egypt close the Suez. A northern partition could also work, but would have to not include Haifa, which would put it in a strategically vulnerable position.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Once all the people there realize that there is no god and that they are in fact "one people", there will be no need to divide them. I recommend the name Israelstine or Palsesrael .
The problem with that is in the middle east idiots like you would be shot.....

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
They probably didn't think people would take them seriously trying to claim land designated from holy text which nobody can prove accurate.
Again.....you need to leave what you believe out of the equation....why?

Because it is obvious they do not believe in the inaccuracies of what you claim cannot be proven!

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012
They'd never go for that. Now if we could find an ancient Jewish text in Hawaii that says it is supposed to be the holy land for the Jewish people, like a Jewish Mormonism, then maybe we could solve this problem.

Since the main issue is both sides want Jerusalem. I say we bomb that city with a nuke.

Thus no one will now want it, even if god told them to have it.

Now they will be fighting over who won't have it... I guess this really didn't solve the issue now has it?

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
I'd say put all the hot Israeli and Palestinian girls on one side, put all the hairy Jews and Palestinian men on the other side.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
The Israeli risk lies in the fact, that if Israel kills the 2 state solution, the only remaining option will lie in Israel being forced to assimilate its Palestinian population with full citizen ship and voting rights. Something Israeli moderates have been warning against for the past two decades or better.

unokitty

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2012
"The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews. Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people, and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it. Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchman. Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees. But in the case of Israel displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees. Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single Arab.

Arnold Toynbee calls the displacement of the Arabs an atrocity greater than any committed by the Nazis.

Other nations when victorious on the battlefield dictate peace terms. But when Israel is victorious, it must sue for peace. Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.

Other nations — when they are defeated — survive and recover, but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed. Had Nasser triumphed last June he would have wiped Israel off the map and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews. No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.

There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Negroes are executed in Rhodesia. But when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one remonstrated with him. The Swedes, who are ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam, did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews. They sent Hitler choice iron ore and ball bearings, and serviced his troop trains to Norway.

The Jews are alone in the world. If Israel survives it will be solely because of Jewish efforts. And Jewish resources. Yet at this moment Israel is our only reliable and unconditional ally. We can rely more on Israel than Israel can rely on us. And one has only to imagine what would have happened last summer had the Arabs and their Russian backers won the war to realize how vital the survival of Israel is to American and the West in general.

I have a premonition that will not leave me; as it goes with Israel so will it go with all of us. Should Israel perish the holocaust will be upon us."

--Eric Hoffer, 1968

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The Israeli risk lies in the fact, that if Israel kills the 2 state solution, the only remaining option will lie in Israel being forced to assimilate its Palestinian population with full citizen ship and voting rights. Something Israeli moderates have been warning against for the past two decades or better.

Why does Israel have to assimilate with voting rights. What stops Israel from giving Gaza to the Palestinians and say that's it

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
"The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews. Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people, and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it. Turkey threw out a million Greeks and Algeria a million Frenchman. Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees. But in the case of Israel displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees. Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single Arab.

Arnold Toynbee calls the displacement of the Arabs an atrocity greater than any committed by the Nazis.

Other nations when victorious on the battlefield dictate peace terms. But when Israel is victorious, it must sue for peace. Everyone expects the Jews to be the only real Christians in this world.

Other nations — when they are defeated — survive and recover, but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed. Had Nasser triumphed last June he would have wiped Israel off the map and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews. No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.

There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Negroes are executed in Rhodesia. But when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one remonstrated with him. The Swedes, who are ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam, did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews. They sent Hitler choice iron ore and ball bearings, and serviced his troop trains to Norway.

The Jews are alone in the world. If Israel survives it will be solely because of Jewish efforts. And Jewish resources. Yet at this moment Israel is our only reliable and unconditional ally. We can rely more on Israel than Israel can rely on us. And one has only to imagine what would have happened last summer had the Arabs and their Russian backers won the war to realize how vital the survival of Israel is to American and the West in general.

I have a premonition that will not leave me; as it goes with Israel so will it go with all of us. Should Israel perish the holocaust will be upon us."

--Eric Hoffer, 1968

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
Average per capita income in Gaza is $900, in West Bank is $2,000.

The Israeli defense budget is $15 billion.

Find the area of land least offensive to the Palestinians to move to, or to have their borders redrawn as.

Offer each Palestinian $3,658, or 5 years of the Israeli defense budget, to relocate to this new location. Any Palestinians who refuse, their portions would be allocated to those who cooperated, driving the benefit up significantly (I'd guess well above $5,000). To be paid out over 5 years.

The Israelis are thereby shifting their annual cost for defense to pay welfare to those Palestinians who moved elsewhere. By the time that period is over, those Palestinians won't have a lot of incentive to return and recreate a war zone.

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
It would be easy if the Palestinians were peaceful, they aren't though.

Until they stop trying to blow up Israeli's I do not see any solution.

King of the hill style. No guns or tanks, just beating sticks. 1 week free for all whatever lands they hold at the end of the week, they keep. The TV rights help pay to get things going after the borders are set.

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
Since the main issue is both sides want Jerusalem. I say we bomb that city with a nuke.

Now they will be fighting over who won't have it... I guess this really didn't solve the issue now has it?

That's why I said we need to find an "ancient Jewish holy text" in Hawaii to convince them to just relocate. Problem solved. hahah

DougK62

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2001
The lines are already drawn. Don't most other countries already recognize a Palestinian state?

piasabird

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
You cant just recognize a group as a country simply because they keep attacking Israel! That only proves they are hateful murderers.

Give it all to Israel and make palestine like a territory with a governor. If they can keep relative peace for 10 years let them earn their statehood. Let them prove they can be peaceful and deserving of being a sovreign state with respect for their neighbors. Otherwise, they get nothing.

However, in return they should pay taxes to Israel and Israel will make some kind of contract to provide Electric and Water and set a minimum wage that workers must be paid.

Recognizing that Israel is a sovreign state and not attacking your neighboring country simply because you dont like them should be required to prove you are a civilized country. Savages should just be killed. Someone should be closing the borders with Egypt and other neighboring countries to prevent arms smuggling.

If you have terrorists that go around and kill people that say anything pro-Israel, then you are only a terrorist or a terrorist supporter.

Last edited:

Scotteq

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2008
That's why I said we need to find an "ancient Jewish holy text" in Hawaii to convince them to just relocate. Problem solved. hahah

Not so sure about that....

...from my viewpoint here in Northeastern USA, it appears The Promised Land is actually Florida.

diesbudt

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2012

Kinda like how mormon documents were found here in America about Jesus being here right. ;)

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
According to the Isreal wiki Palestineans have never recognized a Jewish state so why would they agree to this. Under that thought mode, Palestineans will only agree to All of Israel to be controlled by Palestine.

OVerLoRDI

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2006

Fallout: New Jerusalem?

Oric

Oct 11, 1999
"The Jews are a peculiar people: things permitted to other nations are forbidden to the Jews. Other nations drive out thousands, even millions of people, and there is no refugee problem. Russia did it, Poland and Czechoslovakia did it. Turkey threw out a million Greeks

Do not distort history ! Greeks were sent to Greece and Turks living in Greece were sent to Turkey after WW I. It was a mutual exchange signed by an agreement of both governments. My wife's family was among the hundreds of thousands who had to go through the ordeal.

and Algeria a million Frenchman.

What were the French doing in Algeria in the first place ? Colonization.

Indonesia threw out heaven knows how many Chinese and no one says a word about refugees. But in the case of Israel displaced Arabs have become eternal refugees. Everyone insists that Israel must take back every single Arab.

Israel "displaced" ??? Because of their Jewish Sheria the Isrealis have taken over these people's homes and lands and 60 year later we are discussing "displacement" and how bad the Muslims are because they have Sharia ? What kind of an hypocrisy is that ?

Well, "do not do what you do not want others to do to you" rule obviously did not apply here

We are talking about ending the suffering of 2 million people here. This is not a "peace term"

Other nations &#8212; when they are defeated &#8212; survive and recover, but should Israel be defeated it would be destroyed. Had Nasser triumphed last June he would have wiped Israel off the map and no one would have lifted a finger to save the Jews. No commitment to the Jews by any government, including our own, is worth the paper it is written on.

No one on this earth hesitates for a moment to answer your claim.

"United States will save their asses should it come to that".

There is a cry of outrage all over the world when people die in Vietnam or when two Negroes are executed in Rhodesia.

Negroes ??

But when Hitler slaughtered Jews no one remonstrated with him. The Swedes, who are ready to break off diplomatic relations with America because of what we did in Vietnam, did not let out a peep when Hitler was slaughtering Jews. They sent Hitler choice iron ore and ball bearings, and serviced his troop trains to Norway.

Now what has the Palestinians have to do with what the Swedes in 1940'ies have done ?

--Eric Hoffer, 1968