How would the federal government administer a "Christian test"?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Lie #1. Jeb never said that no Muslims should be allowed and to admit only Christians.

Lie #2. No other Republican presidential candidates have said this either.

Reading comprehension fail.

Edit: I take back Lie #2 based on Cruz statement. Lie #1 still apllies.

But I do think there is a special important need to make sure that Christians from Syria are being protected because they are being slaughtered in the country
At a minimum we ought to be bringing in people that have -- orphans or people that clearly aren’t going to be terrorists. Or Christians,” Bush said
When pressed by ABC News on how he would determine who is a Christian he said, “I mean you can prove you’re a Christian.” adding, "I think you can prove it, if you can’t prove it, you are on the side of caution

Take all three in context with a more simplistic example.

You have 2 blocks one red and one blue. Replace red block with Christian, that leaves out the blue block by omission.

If Jeb were really interested in helping persecuted Syrian refugees he would say help those who we can prove don't have ties to terrorism or terrorist groups.

Nov 30, 2006
Take all three in context with a more simplistic example.

You have 2 blocks one red and one blue. Replace red block with Christian, that leaves out the blue block by omission.

If Jeb were really interested in helping persecuted Syrian refugees he would say help those who we can prove don't have ties to terrorism or terrorist groups.
He NEVER said to only admit Christians and not Muslims. This is a LIE.

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
It's not that we're trying to exclude Muslims, it's that we just want the Christians.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Republicans really have nothing good to offer America, which is why they are peddling fear and bigotry.

Nov 30, 2006
Some people in this country actually want to be assured that we have a relatively robust vetting process. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Some people are concerned about helping persecuted Christians as well. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Meanwhile....Democrats are starting to voice concerns over the vetting process. WTF? WTF? WTF? Looks like Democrats are now peddling fear and bigotry as well. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Syrian refugees split Democratic Party
http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/syrian-refugees-democrats-paris-216032

Top Democrats are increasingly worried about Syrian refugees, too
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ts-are-undercutting-obama-on-syrian-refugees/

Last edited:

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Some people in this country actually want to be assured that we have a relatively robust vetting process. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Some people are concerned about helping persecuted Christians as well. OMG! OMG! OMG!

Meanwhile....Democrats are starting to voice concerns over the vetting process as well. WTF? WTF? WTF? Looks like Democrats are now peddling fear and bigotry as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ts-are-undercutting-obama-on-syrian-refugees/

Fear and bigotry are like patriotism, the price of entry is so cheap that anyone can play.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Except of course they haven't even been able to identify what's wrong with our current vetting process:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/19/u...h-to-halt-syrian-refugee-program.html?src=twr

When pressed, most Republicans could not specify which aspects of the rigorous refugee vetting program that they found inadequate.

lol. Duped again.

Our current stance towards refugees helps both Muslims and Christians equally. Republicans want to change it so that Christians receive preferential treatment. That's not wanting to help them 'as well', that's wanting to help them 'instead'.

It should be immediately obvious what an odious policy that is, and I assume you vigorously oppose it.

Meanwhile....Democrats are starting to voice concerns over the vetting process. WTF? WTF? WTF? Looks like Democrats are now peddling fear and bigotry as well. OMG! OMG! OMG!

So your argument is now 'some Democrats are as shitty on this issue as most Republicans"? Hokay.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

NM

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Only P&N argues over a comment nobody even said, about something that can't even be done.

This thread should be stickied so they know who the dumb ones are.

Nov 30, 2006
Except of course they haven't even been able to identify what's wrong with our current vetting process:
Tough to know details of the current vetting process when this administration hasn't done a good job explaining them in any detail. From your own link:
Senator Tim Kaine, Democrat of Virginia, said that while he supported the program and found it rigorous, Obama administration officials “have not done a good job in explaining what the process is.”

All the bill does is to require assurances from leadership of those who are responsible for the vetting process. OMG! OMG! OMG! VETO! VETO! VETO!

Our current stance towards refugees helps both Muslims and Christians equally. Republicans want to change it so that Christians receive preferential treatment. That's not wanting to help them 'as well', that's wanting to help them 'instead'.
The bill treats both Muslims and Christians equally and doesn't take the applicant’s religion into account...much less advocate that Christians should receive preferential treatment. You're incredibly delusional if you think that the GOP wants to help Christians "instead" as you dishonestly state.

So your argument is now 'some Democrats are as shitty on this issue as most Republicans"? Hokay.
My argument is that there are many concerned people in this country right now (Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc.) and they want to be assured that our government is being effective with the vetting process and are taking their concerns seriously....especially in light of the recent Paris incidents. Is this really asking too much?

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2006
Only P&N argues over a comment nobody even said, about something that can't even be done.

This thread should be stickied so they know who the dumb ones are.
I complained to the mods about the OP's dishonesty...as if that means jack shit around here.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I complained to the mods about the OP's dishonesty...as if that means jack shit around here.

Should people be complaining to the mods about your dishonesty? I mean remember your incredible lie about Obama's fundraising just one day ago? I'm just saying people in glass houses...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Tough to know details of the current vetting process when this administration hasn't done a good job explaining them in any detail. From your own link:

All the bill does is to require assurances from leadership of those who are responsible for the vetting process. OMG! OMG! OMG! VETO! VETO! VETO!

Then why don't they go ask for more information about the vetting process instead of passing ridiculous bills like this?

You know the reason of course.

The bill treats both Muslims and Christians equally and doesn't take the applicant’s religion into account...much less advocate that Christians should receive preferential treatment. You're incredibly delusional if you think that the GOP wants to help Christians "instead" as you dishonestly state.

If the GOP doesn't want to give preferential treatment to Christians than notable members of the GOP should probably stop saying that. If nothing else you should stop dishonestly denying it. (can't help but note the immediate accusations of dishonesty from you again though, lol)

My argument is that there are many concerned people in this country right now (Republicans, Democrats, Independents, etc.) and they want to be assured that our government is being effective with the vetting process and are taking their concerns seriously....especially in light of the recent Paris incidents. Is this really asking too much?

Yeah, that was totally your argument. lol.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

Classic DSF goal post moving and I didn't really say that.

Shit never gets old.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Classic DSF goal post moving and I didn't really say that.

Shit never gets old.

Oh please when you argue with eski he derails the original argument so much it probably has nothing to do with the original point being made.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002

OMG - I want a robust vetting process that excludes anyone affiliated with terrorism.
OMG - I want to provide assistance to Syrian refugees not just Christians.
OMG - I thought this country was better then just peddling fear and bigotry.

We should not have a religious test for providing assistance.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Hey dipshit, "Jeb and other republicans" means it would include Jeb. He said nothing of the sort, so "Jeb and other republicans" is a lie.

Be honest: did you say that statement out loud before you hit "post"?

How did it sound to you?

Nov 30, 2006
Then why don't they go ask for more information about the vetting process instead of passing ridiculous bills like this?

You know the reason of course.
Of course I do. Congress is filling the void created by Obama's horrible leadership failure on this issue. The people of this country need assurances right now and they certainly aren't getting much in the way of "warm fuzzies" from Dear Leader.

If the GOP doesn't want to give preferential treatment to Christians than notable members of the GOP should probably stop saying that. If nothing else you should stop dishonestly denying it. (can't help but note the immediate accusations of dishonesty from you again though, lol)
The GOP isn't monolithic in any way, shape or form and doesn't control the rhetoric of its individual members. Unlike many progressives, the GOP generally values and practices their individual free speech rights without attempting to stifle the free speech of those they happen to disagree with.

Yeah, that was totally your argument. lol.
That's where I'm coming from...deal with it.

Last edited:

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Of course I do. Congress is filling the void created by Obama's horrible leadership failure on this issue. The people of this country need assurances right now and they certainly aren't getting much in the way of "warm fuzzies" from Dear Leader.

The GOP isn't monolithic in any way, shape or form and doesn't control the rhetoric of its individual members. Unlike many progressives, the GOP generally values and practices their individual free speech rights without attempting to stifle the free speech of those they happen to disagree with.

That's where I'm coming from...deal with it.

So your response is an unhinged rant about how mean Obama is, how mean progressives are, and North Korea.

Gotcha, haha.