How would I boot with two separate partitions?

Oifish

Dec 21, 2003
I know it sounds really simple, but what I'm looking to do it have 1 partition of windows be password protected, and another be a 'guest' account. I let my roommates use my computer (it doesn't bother me) but I want to have a 2 separate partitions or images, that I can boot from. Also if possible is there a way to make the 2 partitions (or one partition and a bootable image) completely independent and invisible to each other. My roommates aren't the most computer literate so if there would be a way to do this through a simple menu or the windows login, that would be very helpful. Sorry if this is a bit confusing, but any help would appreciated. Just ask if you need any clarification.

Cutthroat

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2002
I think it would be easier to use User Accounts to turn on the generic Guest account.

What version of Windows? Depending on the version there are options to restrict access to particular accounts.

What are you allowing your roommates to use?

Oifish

Dec 21, 2003
Originally posted by: Cutthroat
I think it would be easier to use User Accounts to turn on the generic Guest account.

What version of Windows? Depending on the version there are options to restrict access to particular accounts.

What are you allowing your roommates to use?

I'll be using XP, and they just use the internet and ms office. I just want something that I can wipe clean every once in a while without having to format the entire drive.