How will/should the Democrats attack Palin?

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
Originally posted by: PELarson
Originally posted by: XMan
This is the best the leftist kooks can come up with?

It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

The question behind this is either

Is she that stupid? ie... travelling 7+ hours in an airplane after her water had broken with a known high risk pregnancy.

or

Is the child really her daughters?

or

Is she lying about her water breaking to make her look strong, some how?

Or, are you an OB/GYN and have something intelligent to bring to the table....or are you just parroting left wing sites?

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: IGBT
..the liberals have their hands full trying to justify dumping hillary and going with a street agitator with 140+days senate experience.

You mean someone who worked with people so that those people could improve themselves by their own hand!

Seems to me most "republicans" would want to support someone who did that type of work! Since it is a core "conservative" ideal.

PELarson

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2001
Originally posted by: TechAZ

Is she that stupid? ie... travelling 7+ hours in an airplane after her water had broken with a known high risk pregnancy.

or

or

Or, are you an OB/GYN and have something intelligent to bring to the table....or are you just parroting left wing sites?

I was a EMT and so do have some background in emergency medicine and do have a understanding of the basic dynamics of why this behavior is stupid.

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007

or

or

I was a EMT and so do have some background in emergency medicine and do have a understanding of the basic dynamics of why this behavior is stupid.

You are not an MD. I work in health care as well, but I won't pretend I can make those kind of judgments based off of circumstantial text on the internet.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

I know that it was way back in the thread and I haven't gotten to any real responses to this question yet so I figured I would chime in...

Specop007, people being gay is a reality that is scientifically observable so it should be taught in either biology or sociology (both sciences). Please demonstrate the same level of observable and verifiable evidence/proof of creationism/god and you can have it introduced into science class as well.

Hey, its verifiable and statistically proven that african americans commit more crimes. Is that talked about? Its also NOT known what will happen when we slam 2 particles together, and yet we try to find out.

The point is, just because something is proven doesnt mean its taught, and just because something is not proven does not mean it should not be discussed. If that were the case we would still be stuck thinking the world was flat..... And by your own post, YOU dont even know where homosexuality should be taught. Should i then assume since we do not yet know with 100% accuracy that it should not be taught at all?

Please note I'm not saying creationism should be taught to the exclusion of evolution. I'm simply saying that as rational adults it seems awfully irrational to say "Well, THIS is proven so teach it but THAT is unproven so do not teach it". Shall we not teach anything that is not yet proven? As I said earlier, that would certainly cut down on the curriculum quite a bit.

Oh, and please show evidence that Islam is being forced/taught in PUBLIC schools (not religious-based schools because if that is your basis, then you have to disband all christian schools also).

Kthxbye!

Already linked earlier, and yes it was public schools. Obviously one would be quite foolish to complain about religious teachings in a religious school.....

yrwlcmebye

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
For it/Against it on the Bridge to Nowhere is starting to get some traction but Obama voted for that so Democrats don't have much to gain by it. Still it is kind of funny to support that bill and then when you get elected governor use it to your advantage to look tough an ethical by rejecting it after it has been approved. Sort of like begging your pimp friend to get you a prostitute and then when he shows up with her and your wife is home you stand there righteously and say "That is disgusting, I would never sleep with a prostitute! Get out of my house!"

quest55720

Golden Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: Farang
For it/Against it on the Bridge to Nowhere is starting to get some traction but Obama voted for that so Democrats don't have much to gain by it. Still it is kind of funny to support that bill and then when you get elected governor use it to your advantage to look tough an ethical by rejecting it after it has been approved. Sort of like begging your pimp friend to get you a prostitute and then when he shows up with her and your wife is home you stand there righteously and say "That is disgusting, I would never sleep with a prostitute! Get out of my house!"

Just shows the need to have a president who will put an end to earmark spending. Obama needs to go on the record and match McCains pledge to end earmark spending.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Specop 007
[QPlease note I'm not saying creationism should be taught to the exclusion of evolution. I'm simply saying that as rational adults it seems awfully irrational to say "Well, THIS is proven so teach it but THAT is unproven so do not teach it". Shall we not teach anything that is not yet proven? As I said earlier, that would certainly cut down on the curriculum quite a bit.
So along with creationism should we teach other mythological fables about our origin in science class?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
[QPlease note I'm not saying creationism should be taught to the exclusion of evolution. I'm simply saying that as rational adults it seems awfully irrational to say "Well, THIS is proven so teach it but THAT is unproven so do not teach it". Shall we not teach anything that is not yet proven? As I said earlier, that would certainly cut down on the curriculum quite a bit.
So along with creationism should we teach other mythological fables about our origin in science class?
Good morning, class. Welcome to Origins of the Earth 101. Please open your text to page 158, and read along:

In the beginning, there was a turtle
And the turtle lay down with his neighbor, which was his mother
And she bore him, in pain, a tree
Which grew all day, and then fell over
And in the pond beneath the tree there was a fish...

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
Palin's apparent hypocrisy on "the right to choose"...

As reported, Palin apparently underwent testing that revealed her fifth child had Down's syndrome. What purpose did this testing serve other than to provide an option to terminate the pregnancy in case of harm to the mother and fetal abnormality?

Palin and her husband undoubtedly discussed their options when confronted with this unfortunate news, and reached a decision based on their own beliefs and circumstances.

But the important fact is that they were able to make that "choice" for themselves. Palin, McCain and the Republicans would deny that choice to all Americans if elected.

The choice she made with regard to her Down's child will turn out to not be as useful as some think, precisely because it was a "choice." She exercised her right to choose, but she would to take that right away from other women. It's a dead end. There's no Rovian "he-said, she-said" manipulation behind it.

I'm guessing you don't have any kids. This is one of the tests that OB/GYN's do during a pregnancy, the parent does not request it. IIRC it was around our six month appointment, our doctor told us that the Down's test was negative.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong

I know that it was way back in the thread and I haven't gotten to any real responses to this question yet so I figured I would chime in...

Specop007, people being gay is a reality that is scientifically observable so it should be taught in either biology or sociology (both sciences). Please demonstrate the same level of observable and verifiable evidence/proof of creationism/god and you can have it introduced into science class as well.

Hey, its verifiable and statistically proven that african americans commit more crimes. Is that talked about? Its also NOT known what will happen when we slam 2 particles together, and yet we try to find out.

The point is, just because something is proven doesnt mean its taught, and just because something is not proven does not mean it should not be discussed. If that were the case we would still be stuck thinking the world was flat..... And by your own post, YOU dont even know where homosexuality should be taught. Should i then assume since we do not yet know with 100% accuracy that it should not be taught at all?

Please note I'm not saying creationism should be taught to the exclusion of evolution. I'm simply saying that as rational adults it seems awfully irrational to say "Well, THIS is proven so teach it but THAT is unproven so do not teach it". Shall we not teach anything that is not yet proven? As I said earlier, that would certainly cut down on the curriculum quite a bit.

Oh, and please show evidence that Islam is being forced/taught in PUBLIC schools (not religious-based schools because if that is your basis, then you have to disband all christian schools also).

Kthxbye!

Already linked earlier, and yes it was public schools. Obviously one would be quite foolish to complain about religious teachings in a religious school.....

yrwlcmebye

Please read this letter and then reflect upon what you are proposing.

Pliablemoose

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: InfohawkHow will/should the Democrats attack Palin?

Apparently a whisper campaign is the ticket, Text

Interesting that McCain is used as a recent example.

If the timing was better, I'd actually suspect Rove, he would have started the rumor the week before the election.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
Palin's apparent hypocrisy on "the right to choose"...

As reported, Palin apparently underwent testing that revealed her fifth child had Down's syndrome. What purpose did this testing serve other than to provide an option to terminate the pregnancy in case of harm to the mother and fetal abnormality?

Palin and her husband undoubtedly discussed their options when confronted with this unfortunate news, and reached a decision based on their own beliefs and circumstances.

But the important fact is that they were able to make that "choice" for themselves. Palin, McCain and the Republicans would deny that choice to all Americans if elected.

The choice she made with regard to her Down's child will turn out to not be as useful as some think, precisely because it was a "choice." She exercised her right to choose, but she would to take that right away from other women. It's a dead end. There's no Rovian "he-said, she-said" manipulation behind it.

I'm guessing you don't have any kids. This is one of the tests that OB/GYN's do during a pregnancy, the parent does not request it. IIRC it was around our six month appointment, our doctor told us that the Down's test was negative.

Actually, there are several levels of testing. If any of the screening tests are suspicious, then families are advised to have more invasive diagnostic testing performed-

http://kidshealth.org/parent/m...tic/down_syndrome.html

I have no idea what tests Sarah Palin underwent, but it was probably the full gamut, since they apparently knew for sure that the child had DS...

Modern medicine allows families more choices in all kinds of circumstances, and I, for one, don't presume to know what's best for others, or presume an early term fetus to be anything more than that...

It's one of those areas where modern conservatives seem to entertain contradictions between their "smaller less intrusive govt" rhetoric and the reproductive rights of others...

I figure it's one of those Nunya things, as in "Nunya freakin' business, ya' sanctimonious busybody twit."

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Originally posted by: HomerJS
How about this...
Clueless

Don't apply for a job you don't know anything about.

Maybe you should re-watch that. What does a VP do every day? Do you know?

I can name a few.

Attend cabinet meetings.
Read security briefings.
Go to state funerals.
Do whatever the President assigns you to do (consitutionally legal).

And I'm not not the Gov. of Alaska!!

I don't have to know I'm not running. Would you apply for a job and not inquire what are the job responsibilities.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
How about this...
Clueless

the thing is... what a VP does every day beyond largely ceremonial duties as president of the senate is 100% dictated by the president.

as easily as you can have a VP like Cheney who's more powerful than the President, you can have a VP who does nothing but get rolled out of a closet every couple months to cut a ribbon or attend a funeral.

I'd imagine, before accepting McCain's offer, they had a serious talk about what his expectations would be, both for the campaign and if they actually win (especially in light of McCain's own previous statements about how he views the office)

TechAZ

Golden Member
Sep 8, 2007
How about this...
Clueless

I can name a few.

Attend cabinet meetings.
Read security briefings.
Go to state funerals.

I don't have to know I'm not running. Would you apply for a job and not inquire what are the job responsibilities.

Wow, way to overwhelm me with specifics! Guess that's all you need to know. Didn't realize people applied for VP spots :confused:

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How about this...
Clueless

I can name a few.

Attend cabinet meetings.
Read security briefings.
Go to state funerals.

Wow, way to overwhelm me with specifics! Guess that's all you need to know. Didn't realize people applied for VP spots :confused:
Way to overwhelm me in assuming I meant literally, people "apply" for VP. I'll try to make it a little simpler next time.

I'm resonably confident people in the past have talked to Presidential candidates trying to get selected for VP. That would by "vying", "lobbying", "applying", "pick your own word" for the job.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
From specop007 wrt forced muslim education in public schools-

This link, from a locked thread, about *one* overblown incident involving *one* teacher in a school in *England*?-

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/...-kneel-pray-Allah.html

Yeh, that's really pertinent to the situation in US schools- we all speak the same language, right? Nice of you to obfuscate, though...

You're more than reaching, pal- you're way, way out there on that one, kinda in an elliptical polar orbit around the planet Pluto...

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Zogby- Palin ruins McCains chances-not

I'd ditch the daughter line and go with her progeny being an alien/human hybrid.

Seriously, I have always disliked how some Reps went after Obama, attacking him on nonsense. To the credit of the left, there was little of the reverse. Yes we have it here in PN because, well, this is PN however even then it's been fairly toned down compared to what's on other sites. Now it seems that some are worried, and the veneer of civilization is stripped bare, revealing the same rotten core. It seems that there is no difference between sides, but most of us knew that. It just took Palin to have it revealed for all to see. Human nature-not pretty.