How will Kerry deal with all the talk of him flopping voting sides?

FortFunFoSho

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2002
Since the Bush administration is launching a 10 million dollar ad campaign today. How will he respond?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
He changed his mind after reviewing the facts? Maybe Bush should be as nimble minded as that instead of sticking to his views even when they are proven wrong!

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
There's always things that sound like flip-flops but really aren't due to riders on a certain bill. You'll encounter plenty of them if you've been in the Senate for 20 year. These things probably aren't even worth defending.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BDawg
There's always things that sound like flip-flops but really aren't due to riders on a certain bill. You'll encounter plenty of them if you've been in the Senate for 20 year. These things probably aren't even worth defending.

So you think that all these flip flops are due to riders? That is a very big assumption to make when choosing the leader of the free world.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
He changed his mind after reviewing the facts? Maybe Bush should be as nimble minded as that instead of sticking to his views even when they are proven wrong!

I have yet to see his views be proven wrong. Some people may view them as wrong, but there is no proof. I admire him for sticking to his views rather than just doing whatever is popular at the time.

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
I just read a statement off his website:

"After every vote I made, I declared all the conditions that must be true in order for my vote to be valid. The actual content of the bill I voted for or against is irrelevant, because I said my piece. No animals were hurt during the recording of my comments."

May 10, 2001
say evil bush is making it up; From progressive sights like Bush.com i know that atlest half the 'anyone but bush' crowd thinks of Kerry as just another bush; they are probably right, less social issues and specific SIGs that will get to loot the treasury.

Kerry has as much chance as dole did against Clinton.

Remember how republicans took congress by morphing their democratic rival's faces into Clinton's? he was out for sure;

But bob dole was just as much running on the 'I'm not Clinton' ticket as Kerry will run on the 'I'm not bush' ticket;

It's very rare that the "I'm not that guy" wins anything, no matter how anti-the other guy your base is.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
I thought all his votings in the Senate was scond only to Ted Kennedy in his support for everything liberal.

All his flip flopping on issues is just to whore votes. Deep down he is just a liberal who will say anything to get elected. Apparently that's what the democrats wanted in a leader.

May 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Nitemare
I thought all his votings in the Senate was scond only to Ted Kennedy in his support for everything liberal.

All his flip flopping on issues is just to whore votes. Deep down he is just a liberal who will say anything to get elected. Apparently that's what the democrats wanted in a leader.

someone lied to them and said Kerry could do a better job than Edwards at fighting bush.

And don't doubt that bob dole wasn't just as much a vote-whore.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
I just read a statement off his website:

"After every vote I made, I declared all the conditions that must be true in order for my vote to be valid. The actual content of the bill I voted for or against is irrelevant, because I said my piece. No animals were hurt during the recording of my comments."

hahahah

Ferocious

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2000
Electing a good candidate is not the primary goal this year.

Removing a bad President is.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: Ferocious

Remove a bad president with a worse one. Good job. Smart move there.

RigorousT

Jan 12, 2001
Originally posted by: FortFunFoSho
Since the Bush administration is launching a 10 million dollar ad campaign today. How will he respond?
He won't have to respond. The people that are going to vote for him will still vote for him. The people that are going to vote Bush are still going to vote Bush. I just don't see much sway voting this year... Bush's ad campaign will cling to national security and 9/11 while Kerry's will hang on to Iraq and the economy..

It's all about who can bring the most people to the polls.
The things that will rile up the 25% voting public are the emotional issues...
Kerry is fine just to laugh this off.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: LordMagnusKain

someone lied to them and said Kerry could do a better job than Edwards at fighting bush.

And don't doubt that bob dole wasn't just as much a vote-whore.

And you see where that got him...

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
How will Kerry deal with all the talk of him flopping voting sides?

How dare you question his patriotism? He's a decorated Vietnam veteran after all!

So what if you didn't question his patriotism? It deflected you from the voting record, didn't it?

Insane3D

Elite Member
May 24, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII

Remove a bad president with a worse one. Good job. Smart move there.

Ahhh...I see you can see the future too right? Worse how? Just because he isn't GWB? IIRC, it's hard to rate someone as a President before they have even held the position. Weren't you the one telling me to use my brain in that other thread?....Maybe you should pratice what you preach big guy.

rolleye.gif

BugsBunny1078

Banned
Jan 11, 2004
Im still a little undecided.
FOR George
1 Anti Abortion
2 Pro Gun
3 Freedom of Religion
For John
1 Jobs
2 Health care
3 Anti Death Penalty
Why is it so radical for a candidate to view life as important enough to oppose both abortion and the death penalty? I believe both are the same issue.

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003

No one is a bigger vote whore than Dubya. Look at his pandering to illegal aliens, elderly, and religious bigots.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
I have yet to see his views be proven wrong. Some people may view them as wrong, but there is no proof. I admire him for sticking to his views rather than just doing whatever is popular at the time.

I hope you are being sacastic.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Ldir

No one is a bigger vote whore than Dubya. Look at his pandering to illegal aliens, elderly, and religious bigots.

He does not change his opinion everytime the wind blows either. At least he is a predictable non wishy-washy vote whore

Dedpuhl

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

Let me guess: you are one of those "Clinton was the best president ever" people...