How were your grades for the semester/quarter?

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Intro to Biology - 89.8% rounds up to an A
Speech - I'm assuming an A, 100% on all speeches, 79% on one test.
Ethics - Turned in 3 papers on last weekend, 100% on all - A for the class
Math - 85% going into final, failed miserably, overall a C

Blech, should have put some effort into math, it could have been another easy straight A semester.

3.54 GPA for the semester, definitely fine with that.

ConstipatedVigilante

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2006
Unknown as of yet; I have a paper to hand in tomorrow and a final on Friday, then I'm done.

Edit: But If I had to guess:

AB in chinese (my school doesn't do +/-); I don't think I got the 93 on the final I needed for an A
B in English
AB in Spanish Lit
B or BC in Psychology

Dec 10, 2005
Fine, but my school is also known for crapping on peoples grades by making the class average a B/B- (if the class gets curved) and just really hard classes overall.

Train

Lifer
Jun 22, 2000
www.bing.com
wtf kind of school do oyu go to where you spend this much time on AT, have a job, and still pull mostly A's?

I did one semester while hanging out on ATOT back in 2000, it was my worst semester ever.

of course, I also played quite a bit of Unreal Tournament back then

ric1287

Diamond Member
Nov 29, 2005
-Systems Analysis/Design - B
-DB Design - B
-Knowledge Mgmt - A
-Ops Mgmt - Who knows, hoping for a B with the curve. A's on everything, but I never went to class and bombed the final.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
Originally posted by: Train
wtf kind of school do oyu go to where you spend this much time on AT, have a job, and still pull mostly A's?

I did one semester while hanging out on ATOT back in 2000, it was my worst semester ever.

I don't hang out that much on AT. It's a lot higher in the past 2 weeks because school was coming to an end. I work about 20-25 hours between 2 jobs just fine though.

My classes were super easy this semester, which helped. 16 hours next semester, but I should be fine.

Farang

Lifer
Jul 7, 2003
I dunno.. it seems I would be lucky to get a A- / A- / B but that is on the more optimistic side

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
A in Electromagnetic Engineering
A in Intro to Astronomy
B in Electronics II
? in Engineering Design/Communications
? in Random Processes

bwccom

Dec 17, 2008
I took three online classes this past quarter, and while the assignments were easy, I just didn't have the motivation to finish all of them...I was too busy working on my new site and getting other projects done. So I settled for two B's in classes that you can easily score an A in, and then an A in the one class where I kept up the motivation.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
pretty shit, maybe an A and a few Cs. but its my last semester and i already have a job so i don't give a shit. never went to class a single time

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
1.0 credits: First portion of senior project: A (95%. 3.0 credit remainder is next semester.)
1.5 credit . Ballroom Dance: A (Hey, I needed the phys-ed credits, and it's all there was available.)
3.0 credits: Engineering Materials: A-
3.0 credits: Vibrational Analysis: B- (Very glad I even managed this much; grade going into the final was in the mid 70's.
3.0 credits: Finite Element Analysis II: Don't know yet. Probably B+ or A-
3.0 credits: Fluid Power: Final is today. Probably at least a B.
3.0 credits: Advanced Machine Design: Everything has been handed in. Hopefully something >=70%.

MercenaryYoureFired

Nov 8, 2006
Originally posted by: TallBill
Intro to Biology - 89.8% rounds up to an A
Speech - I'm assuming an A, 100% on all speeches, 79% on one test.
Ethics - Turned in 3 papers on last weekend, 100% on all - A for the class
Math - 85% going into final, failed miserably, waiting for results, hoping for a C

Blech, should have put some effort into math, it could have been another easy straight A semester. Hopefully I get at least a C so I don't have to retake.

If I do pull off a C, it'll be a 3.54 GPA for the semester, definitely fine with that.

Sheesh talk about completion grades.

3.0 even for the semester, had a couple of really tough classes so I'm happy.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
intro to database (access 2007) 100% A
intro psych 94.6% A
world religions 83.2% (i totally slacked on this one) B
intro to routing protocols - no idea yet, probably ~95% A

i took religion online as a half-semester. but it was the second half, so i lost track of everything. i completely missed one unit test, and the final had questions that werent even in the material, so i just half-assed that.

the intro routing covered less than the first half of the cisco book, the teacher is horrible and i dont expect he will finish the class on time in the spring. the schedule for that one started us around thanksgiving and has us finishing in march. dont ask.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I have all my general education crap done...now it's just accounting and bookkeeping classes
Fall Semester:
Financial Accounting "A"
Computer Accounting "A"
Speradsheets for Accounting "A"
Tax Accounting "A"

Spring Semester:
Managerial Accounting
Payroll Accounting
Bookkeeping 2
Machine Calculations (10-key adding machines)
Management Information Systems
Business Internship (tutoring 4 accounting classes)

Shouldn't be TOO tough...the MIS class will be the most difficult I think...Gotta do an access project...I have a strong dislike for MS Access.

xSauronx

Lifer
Jul 14, 2000
Originally posted by: TallBill
Originally posted by: Train

I don't hang out that much on AT. It's a lot higher in the past 2 weeks because school was coming to an end. I work about 20-25 hours between 2 jobs just fine though.

My classes were super easy this semester, which helped. 16 hours next semester, but I should be fine.

ive got 17 next semester, but theyll be easy as well. i work 25 - 30 hours...but i barely do anything at work other than dick around on the internet or do homework.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Micro Economics - A+
History of Technology - A
Advanced Materials Lab - A
Experimental Techniques in Materials - A
Mechanical Behavior of Solids - A-
Numerical Methods - A

total: 3.94/4

2Xtreme21

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2004
The Bible as Literature (3.00) -- C+ (Last Gen. Ed needed)
Web Programming (3.00) -- A
Independent Study (3.00) -- A (Created a big lecture series on CSS)
Web 2.0 - The Social Web (3.00) -- A+
Bassoon (1.00) -- A

I needed a C or better in my literature class, and I got it (despite much panicking). So-- I'm officially a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh. :D

Overall GPA: 3.614.

Bibble

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2006
Still in the middle of finals but I'll save this spot and update later.

Constitutional Law: Probably an A-
Logic: Probably an A-, maybe an A
West European Politics: Probably an A
French: A- or A

However, this is mostly unimportant as I've already secured a summer job that will put a shine on my resume that even a low GPA wouldn't dull.

911paramedic

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2002
3.8 GPA: A, A, and B (in organic chem)

But I did complete 36 units last year. And WTF is with these +/- marks? We don't get those, its a straight grade, period.

Next semester, 16 more units. Biology, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, and an art class to relax in.

episodic

Lifer
Feb 7, 2004
Only took one class. . .

Reference B+

Wasn't putting enough effort into it. . .my first B in a long time.