how to restore a jailbroken IPhone back to default state?

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
to restore the jailbroken (via Ziphone) back to normal state do i just plug it in and click "restore" from itunes?

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
yep, just make sure once it restores and iTunes recognizes it, click to set it up as a new phone, don't restore from a backup.

LOUISSSSS

Diamond Member
Dec 5, 2005
Originally posted by: aphex
yep, just make sure once it restores and iTunes recognizes it, click to set it up as a new phone, don't restore from a backup.

<~ apple noob x 10

how do i do that?

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
When it first detects a freshly wiped iPod, it will ask if you want to set it up as a new iPod or used a saved profile.

redheeler

Jan 11, 2015
Attach your jailbroken iPhone to your computer with the iPhone data cable. Open iTunes and select your iPhone from the "Devices" option located on the left-hand side of the iTunes window. Click on the option to "Restore." iTunes will ask if you want to back up your settings prior to restoring. Select the option to "Back Up" your settings. Confirm that you want to restore your device. The restore process takes up to five minutes to complete. You will receive a confirmation when the process is complete. Restoring your iPhone will restore your phone's original settings and delete all user inputed information from your iPhone.

I think your advice is a little late for the OP ;)