How to reheat french fries?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GobBluth

Sep 18, 2012
Fire the ole fry-daddy and re-fry them. Put all the grease back in em and add a cup of salt.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
Combination of microwave and broiler. If you use the microwave alone they get soggy and the oven alone they get dried out and burned. Heat them a little while in the microwave to get them warmed through the center, then a couple of minutes under the broiler to get the exterior slightly crispy. It's not perfect, they won't be as good as fresh, but that will get them closer than any other method.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Put a baking sheet in the oven with a little olive oil on it, once it is hot (not too hot), put the fries on the sheet, drizzle a little more oil over them and throw in the oven for a few minutes.

KT

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
i've reheated 5 guys fries in the toaster oven fairly well. i wouldn't bother reheating regular fast food fries though.

tcsenter

Lifer
Sep 7, 2001
this is the way to do it. but frankly a potato only costs a few cents. so if youre gonna fry something why not chop up a tater and make fresh fries? homemade fries turn out like in n out fries
Thread bump, but I just tried to make fries yesterday and am reminded at how wrong this is. Home made fries taste like overcooked if not slightly burnt potatoes (if you cook long enough to get minimally crispy).

Good restaurant quality fries are cooked like three times. Cut, soaked in ice cold water, blanched in salt water, then sprayed with some sort of pectin solution (often with beef stock), then fried, frozen and shipped, then fried again at the restaurant.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
Step #1 put old fries in trash

Step #2 buy new french fries.

Look at mister moneybags, up on his flying horse pissing sunshine onto the masses while he consumes caviar stuffed inside a lobster stuffed inside a dolphin.

yhelothar

Lifer
Dec 11, 2002
toaster oven...

there's still enough oil on it that broiling it will cause the fry to fry itself in its own grease.

jaedaliu

Platinum Member
Feb 25, 2005
I enjoy the stuff in mouth technique.

My wife, however, would wait for the toaster oven.