How to (possibly) add EA Steam games to Origin

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
I managed to add Mass Effect to my Origin account by using the following link...

https://activate.ea.com/gameactivation.do

No idea if this works for other EA games...but may be worth a try. It also seems smart enough to know it's a Steam key so it just links to the install directory so you don't need to redownload it.

ahenkel

Diamond Member
Jan 11, 2009
I wouldn't mind this working in reverse I have a bunch of games in Origin I'd love to have on steam.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
There's a lot of EA games that work with origin. It appears that they're trying to make sure anything with a product key can be added to origin. Mass Effect has always been able to be activated there though, so this one in particular isn't new.

StinkyPinky

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2002
There's a lot of EA games that work with origin. It appears that they're trying to make sure anything with a product key can be added to origin. Mass Effect has always been able to be activated there though, so this one in particular isn't new.

I've never been able to activate Mass Effect on Origin. It always failed. But that website associated the key with my account.

stevty2889

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2003
After installing Origin as a requirement for Kingdoms of Amalur, my other EA games (Mass Effect 2, Spore) show up on my origin account.

However, I would much rather be able to do the opposite, not have to deal with Origin at all, and put the game on Steam instead. I've been dealing with EA support for the last 5 days, and they all just keep reading from the same script.

My Origin account was supposedly corrupt, so they moved Kingdoms of Amalur to my EA account(which was somehow different even though they are on the same e-mail address. Since then the game will not run, they insist the move they made had nothing to do with it and keep having me do a bunch of crap and re-installing the game, all making no difference. My roommate has the game on Steam, and doesn't have to use Origin at all, and has no problems.