How to people perceive loaners or those who don't talk much?

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Pretty much it.

It seems media gives criminal attributes to these types of people. In a way it may be true but how do you guys perceive them????

Sphexi

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2005
Loaners are people who loan other people money, right? That's how I perceive them.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
I see loners as awesome ninja people fighting against the forces of evil.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Most loaners that I know are mean cause they got tons of money so they can afford to loan to others so they have this conceited attitude. They're definitely not loners though.

MrWizzard

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: steppinthrax
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Ticking time bombs.

That's what the media commonly shows. But that isn't always so. Explain???

There will always be exceptions to what statistics show. ALWAYS. So saying some loaners turn out 100% normal (if there is such a thing) is really not that ground breaking.

Statistically, the people who do really bad things tend to be loaners. But like I said there will be exceptions to that also.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: steppinthrax
Originally posted by: Ktulu
Ticking time bombs.

That's what the media commonly shows. But that isn't always so. Explain???

it's true though. the media is right. loners are all terrorists.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
What is the difference between normal perception and people perception? I can't answer the question until I know what it means "to people perceive".

Dacalo

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2000
Originally posted by: Sphexi
Loaners are people who loan other people money, right? That's how I perceive them.

How do people perceive misspelling of words and using "to" instead of "do?"

EGGO

Diamond Member
Jul 29, 2004
I was a loner in high school. Then again, I was more introspective than most there. Just never connected with people until college years. I found high schoolers to be immature despite being one.

wyvrn

Lifer
Feb 15, 2000
I keep to myself except for some close friends and neighbors. I have to talk to people all day at work and I just get tired of being social all the time. But on the other hand, we throw some really cool parties.

May 16, 2000
I tend to react more favorably towards them, since I am one (spelling errors aside). Generally people who are with other people are more extroverted and/or socially inclined and therefore not a good match for me personality-wise.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I think loners are mostly just introverted.

Sometimes loners may be the "picked on too much" or "dropped on head whilst a baby" types ... but I suspect that is often not the case.

jtvang125

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2004
I don't know many loaners who didn't talk much. I mean they have to be pretty talkative to be able to convince someone to loan them money right?

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: MrWizzard
There will always be exceptions to what statistics show. ALWAYS. So saying some loaners turn out 100% normal (if there is such a thing) is really not that ground breaking.

Statistically, the people who do really bad things tend to be loaners. But like I said there will be exceptions to that also.

I think it's a correlation-causation thing...being a loaner gives a person the OPPORTUNITY to do really bad things (charge ridiculous interest, repossess peoples' livelihoods, screw over single moms), and so people who enjoy that sort of thing tend to go into the profession. As such, statistically speaking there are a higher percentage of selfish, soulless bastards in that business than in others. But it's not the business that makes the bastard.

As far as people who don't talk much, there is a similar effect. People who are crazy/antisocial/sociopathic will usually be loners, so such people are overrepresented in the loner population. But they're not even close to the majority.

torpid

Lifer
Sep 14, 2003
I used to crave attention from other humans. Then I became much happier about my life, got a couple of cats, and as a result I am content to not socialize outside of work for days, even weeks. Currently I have a GF and do socialize a lot, but for nearly 8 months I tended to be a homebody. Perhaps the "loners" just lead rewarding lives.

sheemone00

Sep 17, 2003
Hmm I see loaners as deceptive sneaky shrewd business people. Trying to take advantage of people since they need money...

People who don't talk much... I see them as shy and I try to befriend them if I'm around them all the time.