How to overclock ZOTAC GeForce 210 to play BF3?

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
Hey there,

My nephew is getting a new gaming system to play BF3 but he needs a better PSU and case. Not sure how long this will take to get her up and running.

Until then, he is stuck with his old Zotac Geforce 210 for gaming:( He just bought BF3 premium and wants to play it this weekend.

He will download the latest drivers from Nvidia tonight.

Anyway, so a couple questions here if I may...

1) What is a good overclocking program you all recommend for this graphics card?

2)I imagine all in game settings would be set to low right?

Here are the specs for the card....

http://www.zotac.com/products/produ...rgy-edition-512mb/section/specifications.html

DooKey

Golden Member
Nov 9, 2005
That card won't play BF3 even if you put everything to low. You'll get a slideshow.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
That card won't play BF3 even if you put everything to low. You'll get a slideshow.

agreed.
he will need to buy a new card, overclocking is not going to help (you need a 300% increase or something, not 20%)

but if you want, msi afterburner is easy to use and should work.
and the absolute lowest possible settings (including resolution),

Remobz

Platinum Member
Jun 9, 2005
agreed.
he will need to buy a new card, overclocking is not going to help (you need a 300% increase or something, not 20%)

but if you want, msi afterburner is easy to use and should work.
and the absolute lowest possible settings (including resolution),

Yeah, I could give it a try. Why not right?

Either it works barely or he has to wait until the new gaming system is ready.

chibimike

Oct 13, 1999
Well, a GT440 at entry level settings gets 37 fps according to toms. The GT440 has 96 stream procs at 810Mhz, the 210 has 16 stream procs at 520Mhz. His card has 1/6 the number of procs at 60% the speed per proc. The 210 also has 1/2 the memory at 40% of the speed of the 440.

To get the 210 to around the GT440 fps at entry level, you will need to overclock it to: 520 * 1.55 (speed difference) * 6 (number of procs difference) * 2 (fudge factor for the memory shortcomings) = 9.672Ghz. You better have a really good fan.

Aug 11, 2008
Hey there,

My nephew is getting a new gaming system to play BF3 but he needs a better PSU and case. Not sure how long this will take to get her up and running.

Until then, he is stuck with his old Zotac Geforce 210 for gaming:( He just bought BF3 premium and wants to play it this weekend.

He will download the latest drivers from Nvidia tonight.

Anyway, so a couple questions here if I may...

1) What is a good overclocking program you all recommend for this graphics card?

2)I imagine all in game settings would be set to low right?

Here are the specs for the card....

http://www.zotac.com/products/produ...rgy-edition-512mb/section/specifications.html

What cpu are you trying to use with that GT210? If it is had a good IGP, the IGP might even be faster.

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Come on guys. He knows the 210 is likely not to cut it but wants to try his very best to get something out of BF3 if possible.

The suggestion made by frozentundra123456 is an excellent one. Please provide details on his current CPU. This may have an Integrated Graphics Processor which could be more powerful than his 210.

I'm not very familiar with the Nvidia side of things but I know that MSI Afterburner works with both Nvidia and AMD cards, and that it is a solid choice for overclocking. Personally I would avoid any voltage modification (software or hardware) and concentrate on pushing the clock speeds as much as you can.

Re: BF3. I have never played it, not my cup of tea, but in addition to setting a low resolution and the lowest in-game settings possible it may be worth using a search engine to look for modified files, modified texture packs or .ini modifications for lower powered machines. You may be able to glean an extra frame or two per second which I think would be a huge boon in this scenario.

lehtv

Elite Member
Dec 8, 2010
Elcs said:
Come on guys. He knows the 210 is likely not to cut it but wants to try his very best to get something out of BF3 if possible.
What he wants to achieve is not possible. Whatever overclock he may achieve and however low a resolution he may try, Battlefield 3 will not be playable with a GT 210, period. It's like trying to peel an apple with a feather. So please stop encouraging him on wasting his time.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
It's Playeble with the GT 210 1GB GDDR3 needs a bit of an overclock though.

is it?
the video is hardly showing that, just some random single player captured by software, with no clear indication of performance...

anyway, the G210 is probably faster than the most common IGPs (like HD2000)

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
This is one of the craziest and asinine threads ive seen in a while. :p Just sayin.

What human being would think a GT 210 is a gaming video card and even bother trying. Seriously? Just spend a little money and you can get a decent video card for gaming. Honestly you could probably find something for $40-50 that would be 100X more powerful than a GT 210.

There is a reason they list the bare minimum requirements for games....

Someone is insane. Im scared to ask what CPU hes using with this as well lol.

Last edited: