How to modify signature with new forum software?

wpcoe

Nov 13, 2007
Where is the link to update a signature?

Is there a way to attach/not attach the signature to individual posts like in the old forum software?

wpcoe

Nov 13, 2007
I get "403 Forbidden" when I try to edit the above post.

Found the way to update signature, though I swear it wasn't on that sidebar when I looked earlier.

Still have the question about attaching/not attaching signature, though.

Oh, and is "strikethrough" gone now, too? Whoops, found that, too, hiding under the + sign.

Last edited:

Titillating

Assistant Community Manager
Sep 9, 2014
https://forums.anandtech.com/account/signature

Is everybody genuinely not seeing this?

Slf8Pd2.png

wpcoe

Nov 13, 2007
I genuinely did NOT see it there, or when clicking on the user icon at the top, on the resulting page. I'm 95% sure it wasn't there, and then suddenly it was.

Ken g6

Programming Moderator, Elite Member
Dec 11, 1999
I am genuinely not seeing a lot of the links you're seeing:

nopermissions.png

Titillating

Sep 9, 2014
I am genuinely not seeing a lot of the links you're seeing:

You're all set, permissions have been fixed up.

If anybody else is experiencing this, it's likely due to some mix ups in user group placements. Drop a post here or send me a conversation thing (that's what PMs are called in XenForo) and I'll look into it.

Reactions: Ken g6
Dec 10, 2005
Have new links in signatures been disabled? Previously, and until I hit the save button today on my signature, I was able to have a hotlink to my heatware and flickr pages.

When I add them using the BB codes, I see the links in the signature preview window, but they are once again stripped out when my signature is displayed under my posts, or if I leave the page and then go back to editing my signature. Apparently, even posting the full address doesn't parse it into a clickable link.

Code:
[URL=http://www.heatware.com/u/49109]Heatware[/URL]
[URL=https://www.flickr.com/photos/25349187@N04/]Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:

Titillating

Sep 9, 2014
Have new links in signatures been disabled? Previously, and until I hit the save button today on my signature, I was able to have a hotlink to my heatware and flickr pages.

When I add them using the BB codes for urls, I see the links in the signature preview window, but they are once again stripped out when my signature is displayed under my posts.

Tweaked some settings with signatures. Give it another try and let me know how it goes.

Reactions: Brainonska511

superstition

Platinum Member
Feb 2, 2008
Not seeing signature setting.

2cofl2d.jpg

I especially miss the ability to turn off the signature prior to posting. I have an ancient sig from a social forum that I never use in the technical forums.

Titillating

Sep 9, 2014
Not seeing signature setting.

I especially miss the ability to turn off the signature prior to posting. I have an ancient sig from a social forum that I never use in the technical forums.

You should be fine now. I take it you took that screenshot after immediately logging in to the XenForo board for the first time? User groups were restructured slightly, and a user group promotion was instituted for PM/signature permissions; the promotions run every few minutes, so it can take a little bit to take effect.

Signatures can't be turned off, but you can set them to be automatically collapsed within your account preferences.

wpcoe

Nov 13, 2007
Signatures can't be turned off, but you can set them to be automatically collapsed within your account preferences.

Do you mean "Collapse Signatures" under "Browsing Preferences"? I thought that meant collapsing everybody's sigs when I display a thread. However, I just checked "Collapse Signatures" and everybody's sigs are still visible, including mine.

I really liked the old method of deciding on a per post basis which ones would display my sig. e.g. For this thread my system components are really not relevant. When posting technical questions in CPUs and Overclocking, they often would be.

Reactions: Ken g6

Somniferum

Apr 8, 2004
I don't have permission to view that page. Help please!

<edit> Looks like I'm fixed now, thanks.

NlnOZlv.jpg

Last edited:

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I'm i misunderstanding you? There is a check box for "Show people's signatures with their messages" under "preferences-->browsing preferences-->options".
It's unchecked(carry over from VB?)) & i'm not seeing anyone's sigs since the forum change.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Not seeing this - simply goes from Personal Details to Contact Details... would be awesome if we could update our signatures, or turn them off if stuck with old sigs from years back...

See post #14. You haven't posted since before the software change. The permissions take a little while to update.

Reactions: cm123