How to install backlights on a Honda

kingz

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
Does anyone know how to replace the backlight covers on a Honda Accord 88? Because i smashed my lights a while ago and i need help on replacing them. :frown:

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
uh huh sure you do you just want the clear lights that every other ricer has on their hondas that piss everyone else on the road off so i'm not gonna say.

kingz

Golden Member
Nov 7, 2000
its a damn 88 accord! why would i upgrade anything... i just wanna fix the lights

Apr 5, 2000
Fenix - he said he smashed them - not that he's ricing his car. BTW, there are no clear outs for 88 Accords that I know of (I've tried looking for them for my car before)

kingz - it should just be a simple couple screw process - a few on the outside and possibly one or two from the inside (pop the trunk). It really should be a simple swap process

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
I don't think there are any screws on the outside of the lenses. Chances are you are going to have to replace the whole tail light assembly, including reflectors and such, as they are one piece. For this you would have to go in from behind. That is, remove the trim inside the trunk to get to the screws that hold the entire assembly in place.

Course, I could be wrong.