How To Increase Your Game

imported_Tomato

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2002
How to Up Your Game

It?s Friday night, where are you off to for the weekend?

If you are a man in sausage fest valley, you are about to go out in hopes of scoring yourself a cute honey. But when the numbers are stacked so much in your disfavor, it can be difficult, so what can you do to up your game?

Most men think they can follow a simple recipe: get better clothes, get in better shape, get a nice bling-bling car. And while this isn?t bad advice (as most woman usually would like their men to score the higher the better in these areas), this is really more the icing on the cake than the real bread and butter. Trust me, women know that indulging in excessive amounts of sugah is only going to make you sick without ever filling you up. That?s right, what women want is a man with more nourishment.

So what is it that women want? It?s really quite simple.

1. Confidence. You ever meet a guy who is totally average looking, not even all that funny or cool, even an outright jackass, but he seems to always get the girls? Most likely this man really exudes confidence, a quality so attractive that a woman can overlook a lacking in many other areas in exchange for an excessively high confidence rating. I still don?t know why this is so important to us, but it just is. Not only do we love men who are sure of themselves; more importantly, we respect these men.

2. Stability. This is really key for women. I consider myself a woman who really prides herself on being self-reliant, but I still like to know that I could depend on a guy if I wanted to. This is why some really emotional "good guys" who are always doing nice things for women and putting their hearts on the line continue to get their heart broken. We want a man can deal with his own emotional needs and is completely stable. It?s fine to be able to sympathize with a woman, but we also don?t want to date the kind of guy who we are going to constantly have to emotionally maintain. Showing emotional vulnerability is good later on, but not before we feel emotionally vulnerable about you too.

3. Trustworthiness. Some guys think they are being super slick and sly be delivering a bunch of lines, but really they sound too rehearsed. They men are really grating because they just come off as being slimey and conceited. Instead, women want a trustworthy man, which is what we really mean when we say we want a "nice guy" ? we don?t really want someone who will cry in our arms, just someone who can like us back as much as we like them.

So I hope this dispels some of the mystery of women ? why we seem to like the dangerous assholes instead of the "nice guys." We really do want good and trustworthy guys, but we need them to be really confident and stable too.

Okay, so once you've done all your self-improvement work and are the men you know every woman wants, there are still some keys to flirting etiquette that men should observe. These are easier to answer questions with really straight forward answers.

Tips for Meeting a Woman During a Night Out on the Town

1. Pick a receptive woman to approach: Sometimes women go out to hang out with their girl friends just to talk ? interrupt their deep conversation and be ready to be barked at. Other times, women are staring around the room, looking to meet men just like you.

2. How to approach: Once you?ve picked the right girl, the key is to MAKE EYE CONTACT FIRST - ALWAYS. If she returns the eye contact, she wants to meet you too. Sometimes if she looks away, it?s just because she feels shy, so stay persistent for a little longer. Otherwise, if she clearly sees you and looks away all the time, you?ve probably been prescreened a NO. If you talk to her anyway, odds are she will just take you for every free drink you offer and if you are lucky, without a number at the end of the night. Or if she feels bad enough, she can play you for a longer amount of time when she?s known all along you stood no chance to begin with. Don't leave yourself open to that... no woman is worth that.

3. What to say: If there's strong interest from her end, hopefully she's put some thought into what things to say to you too, so this part should not be too awkward. The most important thing is to be yourself. If you are usually an awkward guy and manage to spit out some witty remarks this time round, that's great?but later on she?s bound to learn what you are really about anyway. This is where chemistry comes into play. It's not about finding the perfect woman, it?s about the finding the perfect woman for you.

4. When to call: Basically, the more into you she is, the more she wants you to call really soon and waiting longer will just make her insecure that you don?t like her that much. However, if she's not into you, the less you call, the less she will feel pressured to decide and the more time you will have to get to know her and for her to see your true colors and warm up to you. This is a standard game of a risk - the more you put yourself out there, the more you have to gain and lose at the same time. At this point, you have to trust your instinct.

Good luck...

fs5

Lifer
Jun 10, 2000
this has to be the most pointless thread ever. we all know ATOT is full of pimps with model gf's.

91TTZ

Lifer
Jan 31, 2005
You forgot to add the one about women having no sense of logic and no idea what they want. When they describe the perfect guy, they describe a gay guy. But you'll find that the guy who's railing her over the sink is a guy that she calls a "total a$$hole".

Be the a$$hole, guys. Don't listen to her.

meltdown75

Lifer
Nov 17, 2004
Originally posted by: fs5
this has to be the most pointless thread ever. we all know ATOT is full of pimps with model gf's.

:laugh: didn't finish reading but i had to laugh at this first

icejunkie

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ
You forgot to add the one about women having no sense of logic and no idea what they want. When they describe the perfect guy, they describe a gay guy. But you'll find that the guy who's railing her over the sink is a guy that she calls a "total a$$hole".

this man's got it. the only thing i agree with is confidence. just appraoch the girl, talk about whatever and if shes into you then cool, if not then next!

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Did you right this up yourself of is it from somewhere else? If it was you, then good job. :thumbsup:

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
I'm sorry, but all this 'confidence' stuff is nothing but a load of crap. Don't believe it, neither it nor other 'recipes' outlined won't get you laid.

The truth is, there is no guide, no possible advice on how to make a woman interested in you. She either is, or isn't. If she is, here goes your diplomacy.

What will get you laid? Simple - it's you. If you're the 'hot' type of a guy all women like, of course. Otherwise prepare to become a denied loser. Keep in mind, women have no heart and no soul when it comes to matters like this. They may admire a pretty puppy but when you offer them the best you have in yourself, they will step on your chest and walk over not looking back.

Turkish

Lifer
May 26, 2003
What makes you think we want a whore's advice?

See you on July 17 !

AnandTech Moderator

SupaDupaPan

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2004
Guys suck. They're never going to change. If all else fails, go lesbian. It makes things simpler :p

Waste of time posting stuff like that on this message board ... and also pretty pointless, most of them won't even read through it and instead will post some degrading comment about women or something to that extent. *shrug*

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: fs5

I'm waiting for someone to ask Tomato if that helps at bar bathrooms.

Sep 29, 2004
Originally posted by: 91TTZ

No sh!t. "picking up a girl" is easy. Just smile alot and talk, even if what comes out of your mouth makes no sense. And be positive at all times.

Booster

Diamond Member
May 4, 2002
No sh!t. "picking up a girl" is easy. Just smile alot and talk, even if what comes out of your mouth makes no sense. And be positive at all times.

That would only work if you have the potential to pick up someone. For you it's easy, for another person it would be easier to make a million $ than to seduce a woman.

I mean, there's some conspiracy. Women nowadays only like tall dark-haired guys with big muscles even if they are disgustingly stupid. I could never get that. If you're not that big and happen to be blonde at the same time, you're destined to be left out in the cold no matter what you do. You can bang your head against the wall, follow a million tips precisely, do whatever you want, it won't help you. Currently that's not the fashion. I once asked a girl, why she only dated big guys. She answered something to the effect of "I don't know, everybody does that". So please stop pouring salt on people's wounds and don't mention any instructions.

SupaDupaPan

Golden Member
Jun 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Booster

That would only work if you have the potential to pick up someone. For you it's easy, for another person it would be easier to make a million $ than to seduce a woman.

However it would be pretty simple for that guy with all the money, to seduce a woman by saying, "Wanna go back to my place?" while waving $1000.