• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."
  • Community Question: What makes a good motherboard?

How to Illiminate or Reduce Distortion in your Music for Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Did you guys know weather has impact on sound for your audio?

You see, in the winter the room usually gets dried. No wonder you get so zapped from statically charged electricity? I'm so sick of getting zapped when I pat my meow cat.

Anyways, to the audio... You will get more distortion with your audio if:

1). Room is very dried
2). You have very edgy sounding system (opposite of blurry / muddy system)
3). Very aggressive / distort recording

The amount of distortion will depend on the severity of the factors above.

God I am so thankful I get such great advice from Patrick. He taught me this stuff..

And you guys need to be thankful as 99.9% of the folks here on anandtech (and 99% of the users on world wide web including moon) have no clue what caused the distortion and how to overcome / control this issue. Most people get distortion and they think it's just the way it is with life and accept it. They get tired of listening after a bit due to harsh and distorting sound and they get angry face. Actually most of skeptics have angry face, this is due to bad sound they hear all the time. I have some solution to help with that, but don't expect a huge change as you have crappy audio system.

Solution: Get the humidifier for your room where the audio is located. Make sure the humidifier has plenty of coverage. If the room is too big and very open, it will need more humidifying power reach acceptable level.

Questions? You can thank me now and later. ;)

cheez

Go sell your crazy somewhere else; we're all stocked up here
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

LoveMachine

May 8, 2012
Electronic equipment loves moisture. Well known fact. Immediately adds moistness to most recordings.

cheez

Golden Member
Nov 19, 2010
Electronic equipment loves moisture. Well known fact. Immediately adds moistness to most recordings.
Good man.... With enough of humidity it can sound liquid smooth and wet. You like in the jungle?

cheez

Last edited:

Ketchup

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2002
The only time I have heard distortion in music is when I have volume cracked up to a higher level than the amp can support, which is usually around 90% or so (depending on the system and how the equalizer is set). I have never noticed this phenomenon be affected by humidity, or lack thereof.

JimKiler

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2002
The only time I have heard distortion in music is when I have volume cracked up to a higher level than the amp can support, which is usually around 90% or so (depending on the system and how the equalizer is set). I have never noticed this phenomenon be affected by humidity, or lack thereof.
Agreed, this is such a big issue and yet I have never heard of it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY