How to i find my games on steam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
so i just downloaded steam on my macbook pro and im trying to install counter strike :source i already purchased it years ago and want to play. i loaded up steam and this is the menu

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/7414/screenshot20100703at125.png

how do i get to my games menu and install css? when i hit the counterstrike button it ask me if i want to purchase it as a gift, so it recognizes that i own it but i cant get to the menu to install it.

all help appreciated thanks

This thread would be moved to P&N if it was not about PC Gaming. I am locking this before someone gets into trouble.

-Schadenfroh (AT Admin)

Heller

Diamond Member
Jul 10, 2006
thanks forgot to look uptop on the status bar, found the "games" menu

thanks again

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I for one would like to congratulate the OP for admitting he's gay.

Also, the new Steam is a relative pain in the ass compared to the old one. Am not surprised you cant find your stuff, its not as beginner-friendly as the old Steam.
Also, if that thing minimizes to an icon on your task bar or status bar or whatever the hell you people call it, you should be able to right click on that little icon and run your last 5 games from it.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
This thread just made my day. Thank you theplaidfad.

But in all honesty, I wonder what that "Library" thing could be. I don't want to check out any books, wtf was Steam thinking?

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
As a PC user, let me say what a bunch of asses we have on the PC side to the mac guy.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
A mac is a pc. thanks for playing though.

A frickin pocket caluculator is a PC, if you use the broad definition.

Welcome back fromthe cave you have been in, but there's another - and dominant - meaning for "PC", which is not a Mac, but a Windows-running PC.

See all the marketing - Apple's own ads have a guy say he's a mac, and another guy say he's a PC. I think there were Microsoft ads as well referring to PC = computer running Windows.

'PC' ad Windows, versus Mac, is a very common use of the term, and it's clear to normal people what PC means as a Windows-running computer.

Pulling out an obsolete, archaic, nearly unused alternate definition is not helpful.

Tristicus

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2008
www.wallpapereuphoria.com
A frickin pocket caluculator is a PC, if you use the broad definition.

Welcome back fromthe cave you have been in, but there's another - and dominant - meaning for "PC", which is not a Mac, but a Windows-running PC.

See all the marketing - Apple's own ads have a guy say he's a mac, and another guy say he's a PC. I think there were Microsoft ads as well referring to PC = computer running Windows.

'PC' ad Windows, versus Mac, is a very common use of the term, and it's clear to normal people what PC means as a Windows-running computer.

Pulling out an obsolete, archaic, nearly unused alternate definition is not helpful.

PC = Personal Computer
A mac is a PC.
You sir need to figure that out.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
So you're saying Apple dictates definitions now?

OHHHHHHH KAAAAYYYYYY!!!
Lets keep this fucking shit on topic girls. Lest I be forced to spank every fucking last one of you.

The dude got his help, I think, and we can have this argument in the appropriate threads, elseware.

thescreensavers

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2005
I for one would like to congratulate the OP for admitting he's gay.

Also, the new Steam is a relative pain in the ass compared to the old one. Am not surprised you cant find your stuff, its not as beginner-friendly as the old Steam.
Also, if that thing minimizes to an icon on your task bar or status bar or whatever the hell you people call it, you should be able to right click on that little icon and run your last 5 games from it.

I hate the new steam with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.