How to hook up a phone, answering machine, and fax machine to a single phone line?

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Ok. I'm at work right now and in the maintenance building, we have two separate devices.

We have a phone and an answering machine. We have a new fax laser printer machine and I'm trying to figure out how to hook it all up together on a single phone line.

Is there a device out there that will connect all three devices and still be able to share a single phone line?

I'm not that familiar with faxing stuff. I personally never needed it.

TitanDiddly

Dec 8, 2003
Put a splitter in the wall, one line to fax, one to answering machine. Phone plugs into ans. machine.

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
Here's what your looking for: http://faxswitch.com/stick_fax_phone_modem.html And yes, it works. I have it installed on two client businesses I setup. It has an incoming line port and separate outgoing ports for fax, phone, answering machine, etc. When an incoming fax comes in, it's automatically routed to the fax port and the phones don't even ringt. It's basically like having two separate lines.

RMSistight

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2003
Originally posted by: kevnich2
Here's what your looking for: http://faxswitch.com/stick_fax_phone_modem.html And yes, it works. I have it installed on two client businesses I setup. It has an incoming line port and separate outgoing ports for fax, phone, answering machine, etc. When an incoming fax comes in, it's automatically routed to the fax port and the phones don't even ringt. It's basically like having two separate lines.

Great information man. Thanks!

kevnich2

Platinum Member
Apr 10, 2004
If you look around, you may be able to find another place selling it but that's the only device I've seen that will do what your wanting. I was able to snag two of these for $89 apiece a few months ago but that's it. It's around $100 usually because it actually does internal routing depending on the ring tone of the incoming call in a fraction of a second.