How to have fun?

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
Life is boring now. I thought about whats missing from my life -- it's fun. Really. I forgot how to have it. On the one hand it doesn't take much money or intelligence to have fun, but on the other hand for me its rare and impossible to plan. For me, its incredibly easy to be bored and depressed, but its incredibly hard to experience "fun" or "funny" things.

I'll give you some examples of fun that I had recently. I work at a supermarket and I was bringing in some carts in one day and I pushed them right through a display sign on a stand, and the whole thing toppled over. Then the security guy that I talk to asked me if I was on drugs and to get him some. We both had a laugh.

The other example is the other day two friends and I were walking outside, and one says he needs to get home and starts walking faster. Then I take some change out of my pocket anf throw pennis at him, and ALL of them miss. Its not much, but it was funny.

So, yeah. If anyone has any ideas or advice, post them.

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
I would be rich if i could tell someone how to have fun that doesnt involve much money or intelligence.

I would also be happy myself.

neither of those are happening though

hellfreeze

Golden Member
Dec 7, 2001
go get stoned with your friends then go to the arcade. i'm sure it won't be all that boring ;)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Never had a day in my life where I am not having fun or enjoyed what I was doing...

I spend most of my days reading, programming, listening to music, or playing music.

Alienwho

Diamond Member
Apr 22, 2001
Get some fun friends.

Yesterday while we were in line for star wars, we saw some star wars geeks that were all dressed up (lightsabers and all). Well we made fun of them and then stole their lightsabers (well they gave them to us) and had a huge lightsaber battle right there in the hallway where we were in line. it lasted about 20 minutes...now that was fun.

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
I think doing things you enjoy could be considered a 'mellow' type of fun.

Unfortunately, not much I can do in that aspect.

Reading - books are boring, no patience for that
Programming - ugh
Listening to music - Its okay if I can find something I want to listen to
Playing music - Do it much less often now, don't know what to play.

SpongeBob

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2001
go get stoned with your friends then go to the arcade. i'm sure it won't be all that boring

I second this idea. :)

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
bandXtrb - You must be reading the wrong books... I have about 40 books in my queue of "books I want to read". There is an infinite amount of good music out there and I listen to music for about 14 hours a day, and never have a hard time figuring out what to listen to. As for playing music, don't get stuck in a rut playing stuff you know how to play... constantly increase your repotoire (sp?). I got stuck in a rut and stopped playing for a few months, but now I actively seek out songs I want to know how to play. I've also notice my chops get much better in the last couple months too and that keeps the ball rolling.

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
Do i HAVE to do drugs? They're illegal and it might be difficult and risky to get them. I don't even drink or smoke.

Mucman

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
bandXtrb - Nothing I mentioned requires narcotics :) I don't smoke,drink or do drugs.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: bandXtrb
Life is boring now. I thought about whats missing from my life -- it's fun. Really. I forgot how to have it. On the one hand it doesn't take much money or intelligence to have fun, but on the other hand for me its rare and impossible to plan. For me, its incredibly easy to be bored and depressed, but its incredibly hard to experience "fun" or "funny" things.

I'll give you some examples of fun that I had recently. I work at a supermarket and I was bringing in some carts in one day and I pushed them right through a display sign on a stand, and the whole thing toppled over. Then the security guy that I talk to asked me if I was on drugs and to get him some. We both had a laugh.

The other example is the other day two friends and I were walking outside, and one says he needs to get home and starts walking faster. Then I take some change out of my pocket anf throw pennis at him, and ALL of them miss. Its not much, but it was funny.

So, yeah. If anyone has any ideas or advice, post them.

You can try to get fired from your job like someone else is trying to do on this forum.

click here for some fun

bandXtrb

Banned
May 27, 2001
You can try to get fired from your job like someone else is trying to do on this forum.
Well, even though my job is low-paying menial work, its still better than being bored at home. It wouldn't be too hard to get fired because the job is still very demanding even though the pay is low. But I am looking for a new job.

I think you guys are lucky. You have things you enjoy and you have fun; be grateful for that.