How to get my wife to use the internet more?

fastcobra

Oct 12, 1999
OK,
my wife only uses her laptop to up/download reports for work.
I want to get her to use the internet more. Kinda hoping she would figure out what she is missing.
(My daughter loves it as long as its Barney or Rolie Polie Olie.. :( )
need some ideas/tips on how to get her more web savvy...
Tried geting her to play mohaa, but that did not work either.. :(

PS, no pr0n cracks either :p

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Damn no pr0n suggestions?

What is she into, hobbies, activities?

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< How to get my wife to use the internet more? >>

Lock her in a room with a vent in the ceiling, a chair, an oil lamp, a table, and a connected computer. She'll love it within a month.

nik

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Teach her how to surf. That is how I got my girlfriend to go online more. She would get frustrated because she was never able to pull up things she liked.

phuana2001

Jan 16, 2002
Show her all the cool shopping sites, give her a credit card, and she will spend hours on the net...:)

fastcobra

Oct 12, 1999
Well, she does not have any hobbies, something I have been trying to get her to do. She works a lot, I can't chat (aim, msn) w/ her during the day, cause she is mobile, and uses her laptop to input Dr. reports and the like, and only up/download at home to the "mothership"
What if I get her to start looking up vacations and stuff? usually she makes me do anything that has to do woth email, computer,
She does not even check her email, for like 2 years. I have to tell her who emailed her and what they said.. :(
Come on people, I know you can help.....I hope you can help....:)

killface

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2001
Use whatever she is "in to" to get her into it.
For example:
My mom has been more interested in using it (she hasn't yet and probably never will) since my dad pulled up some info on fibromyalgia for her. She's a nurse and one of her friends has it, so she wanted to learn more about how the disease works, find support groups, etc.
Now she wants to use it to research more diseases,drugs, etc., but she still doesnt because she's pretty affraid of computers (she still uses a typwritter)

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
get her to yahoo or pogo for some games.. i find girls love online internet games like euchere or card games... that'd help any girl i know get online more often... they seem to love these types of games.. i think they're a blast too sometimes..... :D

mpitts

Lifer
Jun 9, 2000
My wife uses the net to talk to her friends through IM, to get recipies and to order stuff.

theknight571

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Don't do it...;)

When I first met my (now) wife, she only used the internet at work and had no desire to use it at home.

Then after we got married and I had a cable modem installed, she got hooked.

Shortly thereafter I lost my PC/Desk/Chair/19" monitor etc. to her.

Fortunately I was able to build a new PC and get a router so we can both surf, and IM each other from across the room. :)

But for a while there is was tough.

She's into on-line games. Not necessiarly multiplayer, but free slots/poker, some of the games on Excite and/or Pogo, etc.

- TK

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
get her to yahoo or pogo for some games.. i find girls love online internet games like euchere or card games... that'd help any girl i know get online more often... they seem to love these types of games.. i think they're a blast too sometimes..... :D

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Don't bother. My wife is the same way. I've been trying for two years. She's just not into computers. Her thinking is that she spends all day on a computer at work and she's not going near one when she gets home.

If she's not into, she's not into it. Would you go ballroom dancing (or any other activity you don't like) with her if that's what she's into?