How to get my RC car back...

aiex

Jul 5, 2001
Ok so the story goes something like this...

Last exam/day at college ever, all done. Never again to go back. So what happens next? You guessed it being English the bar beckoned. After much drinking we came home, did rocket car (that?s another story) and then began to have some fun with my birthday presents

It was a really cool little RC car. Outside my window is this roundabout.. so yes you guessed it we started to drive the little car around it controlling it from the balcony (it being 3am and with very little traffic we didn't think it would be all that bad). So anyway, some cops came along and luckily we saw them coming and pulled the car into the curb and then hid. Unfortunately the saw the car and took it away with them.

So what now? Any ideas on how i can get it back or is it lost for good?

Ai3x:D

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
...some cops came along and luckily we saw them coming and pulled the car into the curb and then hid.

Luckily, eh? If they had surprised you, they'd have told you to quit screwing around, and left your toy with you. Now, you have to go grovel for it at the police station. Not so lucky if you ask me!

MoPHo

Platinum Member
Dec 16, 2003
last i heard, driving an RC car under the influence wasn't a crime...

EULA

Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Ornery
...some cops came along and luckily we saw them coming and pulled the car into the curb and then hid.

Luckily, eh? If they had surprised you, they'd have told you to quit screwing around, and left your toy with you. Now, you have to go grovel for it at the police station. Not so lucky if you ask me!

*watches as bail is set for $500*

dnuggett

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2003
What did you hide for?

Also if you are asked to give a written statement I'd work on your spelling, it lends more cred to what you are saying.

EULA

Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: cjgallen
LMAO, they impounded it :D

you could drive over to the police station and hope that they forgot to turn it off... maybe you go lead them on a chase...

JonTom

Oct 10, 2001
Originally posted by: MoPHo
last i heard, driving an RC car under the influence wasn't a crime...

Originally posted by: EULA
you could drive over to the police station and hope that they forgot to turn it off... maybe you go lead them on a chase...

Couple of LOLs there...

OrganizedChaos

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2002
write a letter to the station chief demanding its return. odds are the cop took it home and gave it to his kid. he probably didn't file a report or anything. not only does the chief bitch him out. he has to take it away from his kid so he feels like shit.