how to get beeswax out of one's hair?

jobberd

Banned
Mar 30, 2001
More specifically, Murray's Beeswax, with ingredients containing Petrolatum, australian beeswax, and fragrance? I've tried washing it in hot water and with shampoo, but theres still plenty left in there

ggavinmoss

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2001
Do you remember that episode of the Simpsons...

...where Lisa gets gum in her hair and everyone puts in their 2 cents as to how to remove it? She ends up with peanut butter, mayonaise, etc. in her hair. Good family fun.

Is cutting your hair an option? :D

-geoff

jobberd

Banned
Mar 30, 2001
I guess an explanation is in order :) I was attempting to make dreadlocks, and beeswax is used in order to keep the hair together and help it lock together. I used Murray's, but the petrolatum in it achieves the opposite for my hair, so I need to get rid of it before I try to make dreads again.
Heating it to that temperature is probably not that good of an idea...maybe a last ditch thing or something. Thanks for the response though, any others?

NogginBoink

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Don't heat it; freeze it.

It'll become brittle and you'll be able to flake it off.

Either that, or find a razor. :)

jobberd

Banned
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: ggavinmoss
Do you remember that episode of the Simpsons...where Lisa gets gum in her hair and everyone puts in their 2 cents as to how to remove it? She ends up with peanut butter, mayonaise, etc. in her hair. Good family fun.
:) I hope to hell it doesnt come down to that
Is cutting your hair an option? :D
Id prefer not to, it took quite a while to get it this long..
Originally posted by: lirion
Use an iron and a paper towel.
um....Ill put that under the last ditch category :)
Originally posted by: NogginBoink
Don't heat it; freeze it.

It'll become brittle and you'll be able to flake it off.

Either that, or find a razor.
Again, a last ditch thing :) Keep 'em coming though!

A friend of mine said baby oil does the trick. What do you people think?

jobberd

Banned
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: BlipBlop
don't get dreadlocks. Especially if you are white - you gonna be a fool.
Thanks for the advice, I'll take it under consideration :p

Apr 5, 2000
jobberd - multiple shampooings and conditioner and time are the only way to get it out. Pomade has a heavy percentage of beeswax and I used probably more than what was recommended a couple weeks ago. I literally shampooed my hair about 15 times (not including the times I used only conditioner) and there was still trace amounts of it left. It'll take another 2-3 days and shampooings to get it all out.