How to get a credit score?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
They used to give college students credit cards like candy. First card I opened in the mid-2000s at 18 was a Citi Dividend Student card. They gave me something like a $5k line of credit. Didn't have to go with any sort of vanilla or secure credit card.
lol I know I was real responsible at 18. Not. A 600 fico would get you $2K at TD bank...and shit went tits up 2008.

Added my kids as authorized users on a card I've had for 10 years. They're both above 750 fico.

Megable

Nov 29, 2023
lol I know I was real responsible at 18. Not. A 600 fico would get you $2K at TD bank...and shit went tits up 2008.

Added my kids as authorized users on a card I've had for 10 years. They're both above 750 fico.
Adding your kids as authorized users on your card is a smart move. It can help them establish good credit early on.
If you're still curious about credit scores, my suggestion would be to check out some credit monitoring services or reach out to a financial advisor. They can guide you on how to track and improve your credit score.
Speaking of financial matters, I usually have a chat with the mortgage broker in Kirk Ella. They've got some solid advice when it comes to mortgages and more. No ad stuff, just real help.

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
Life hack: People with low credit don't have to worry about ID theft. What are they going to do, steal your ID and settle your debts for you?