how to format sony vaio windows vista laptop

shantanuparadka

Sep 15, 2010
hiii frnd
i want to format my sony vaio laptop which has windows vista operating system.
my laptop didn't came with drivers CD, it has it in built. now my problem is i want to take all those drivers on CD and format my computer or first format my computer and then take those drivers on CD.

plz tell me how should i format my pc if don't want to loose those drivers which are on laptop

and which key should i press while restarting the pc to go to formatting options, F10 or any other.
plz reply as early as possible

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Please post your model number.

I have an older Sony Vaio laptop, and IIRC, F8 during boot brings up the format options in the format partition...but if that partition has been damaged, you'll have to contact Sony for a restore disk...or buy an operating system then download the appropriate drivers from Sony.

shantanuparadka

Sep 15, 2010
i guess this is the model no. VGN CR36G/B
but what if i start the formatting and later find that the partition is damage?? will i be able to come back from these steps??

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Oddly, I can't locate the manual on the Sony-Asia site...but I did find a bit of info for you.

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/download/240334/product/vgn-cr36g

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/tutorial/381906/product/vgn-cr36g

IF the partition is damaged/corrupt, either it won't run the restore function, or it won't complete it...once you start, you're committed. There's no backing out...or going back. At that point, you'll have to buy an operating system to install. (or borrow a disk and use your key.)

shantanuparadka

Sep 15, 2010
ok. i haven't read the info on given link but can u tell me how to identify whether partition is damaged or not

last time when i formatted my computer my computer engineer told me to take backup of drivers from laptop on CD. can u tell me how to do it??