how to find product key for micorsoft office

Discussion in 'Operating Systems' started by sunilmkt, Nov 21, 2012.

1. sunilmkt

sunilmkt Member

Recently I have installed windows 7 on my pc. I also have product key but when I clicked on microsoft office. It again demand product key. when I entered existing product keys it shows invalid. so how I can find valid key

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - find product micorsoft Forum Date
    Finding my Win7 Product Key Operating Systems Sep 15, 2011
    How do I find out if a Windows product key has been used before? Operating Systems May 24, 2007
    how do you find the product key on XP and 2K? Operating Systems Sep 24, 2003
    Finding your product key in win2000 pro Operating Systems Aug 21, 2003
    Finding a lost WinXP Product Key on the computer Operating Systems Jul 23, 2002

3. Fardringle

Fardringle Diamond Member

Was it working previously and then stopped, or did the key never work at all?

4. tweakboy

tweakboy Diamond Member

Your talking about key for Windows 7 or MS Office. Make sure firewall or something isn't blocking. Call Microsoft and get your office key if its legit and you payed for it.

gl

5. JackMDS

JackMDS Super Moderator<BR>Elite Member
    Super Moderator

Win 7 need one key.

Office needs its own key.

Keys are not a matter of finding. When you buy the products the either in the box, or if you buy online it should be available on the transaction's page or emailed by the vendor.

:cool:

6. compman25

compman25 Diamond Member

If you have installed Office legally on your computer and just need to get the key again use Belarc Advisor

7. Steltek

Steltek Golden Member

Or the free version of Magical Jelly Bean keyfinder.

8. sunilmkt

sunilmkt Member

When I purchased new laptops, Microsoft office worked well. Sellers provides me product keys for future reference. Product keys worked well with windows 7, but in microsoft office demands another key.

9. Fardringle

Fardringle Diamond Member

Most new OEM computers include a 30 day TRIAL version of Microsoft Office, so unless you actually paid for a full version of office when you bought the laptop, you will need to pay for a license before you can continue using it.

10. corkyg

corkyg Elite Member<br>Super Moderator <br>Peripherals
    Super Moderator

This may reflect the situation. Office trial is often included with laptop bloatware, and it will work for 30 days or so, and users then decide to buy it or not. If not, they can delete it, or leave it on needing a key.

Belarc Advisor was suggested above. It is free, and when installed, it will show all installed/active keys. If there is no key listed for Office, you can assume it was never bought or activated.

#9 corkyg, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013