Question How to Enable Multiple Remote Logins in 1 workstation ?

manishbjain

Apr 21, 2021
Is it possible to enable Multiple Remote Logins for multiple users to work on the same workstation at any given point in time ? With the default Remote Access in windows, only one user can access the system at any given point in time. Someone advised me that it is possible in servers but wondering if that can be done in workstations too ?

manishbjain

Apr 21, 2021

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
The majority of your questions can be answered here:

Essentially, it's a licensing restriction and you can get around it to an extent depending on what you want to achieve.

There is always MS's Virtual PC (which requires more resources) where you can spin up machines for each individual mutually exclusive desktop. Then it's just one Windows license per virtual machine. If you have an enterprise work-paid MSDN account, you get 10 per OS edition, per bit version too, if I remember correctly based on my last 2-3 accounts.

mxnerd

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2007
Besides licensing issues, some software will lock specific files when it's run. If that's the case, then you probably will encounter some difficulty when multiple users are running the same software at the same time.