Question How to delete Chrome/Edge autofill and saved passwords from one computer's OS SSD when it's installed in another PC as a secondary drive?

arrfep

Platinum Member
Sep 7, 2006
The details:
I have to send my dead laptop in for warranty service. The warranty support person told me they suggest that users remove all sensitive info before sending a computer in for service. Only problem is that my laptop does not turn on, so I cannot do that. So I pulled the SSD from the laptop and have it currently installed as a second drive on my home desktop.

I've been able to copy all of the pictures and documents I needed, but I don't want to leave any of my Chrome/Edge saved passwords. And I don't want to wipe the entire drive with programs/games/etc on it.
I know how to clear all of that stuff via browser settings in a typical situation. But how would I go about deleting those passwords via Windows folders with the laptop drive mounted in my desktop PC? If I just delete

E:\Users\arrfep\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data
E:\Users\arrfep\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data

Will that do the trick?

Thanks!

Tup3x

Dec 31, 2016
Take image backup of that SSD and then wipe it. When you get your laptop back, just restore the image backup.