How to deal with friend's annoying gf?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Ok, so last Friday I had a small party at my house. A good friend of mine came over with his girlfriend. I had only met her once, and it was very brief. We went to school together but she wasn't in any of my classes and we didn't have the same friends, so I never really talked to her before. Everyone was over here Friday and we were all getting drunk and having a good time. She didn't drink anything except 1 or 2 Smirnoff, so she was still right in the head. I was having a good time talking to some people and she joined in. I can't remember how it was brought up, but she kept telling us how she is on anti depressants and has social anxiety. I didn't know what to say.

Later she finds out I'm into physics and astronomy and stuff so she wouldn't leave me alone. It would have been cool if she knew what she was talking about, but she is just one of those people who thinks they are a genius when they don't know sh!t. I'm not saying I'm super smart, I just don't go around trying to show off. Here is how the conversation went the whole evening:

Her: "Let's talk about black holes!"
Me: "Nah, don't feel like it."
Her: "I think there is a black hole at the center of every galaxy, it's been proven."
Me: "You sure about that?"
Her: "Oh yeah, I know all about this stuff..."

I'm trying to talk to people and they obviously aren't going for the get drunk and talk astrophysics thing. I want to tell her to leave me alone, but I can see she is having a difficult time interacting with everyone except my friend.

Here is the worst part. Something came up about church and she rolled her eyes at whoever said it and goes, "You don't really believe in that sh!t do you?"
I was like wtf? That was rude and uncalled for. She the goes on how she is an atheist and that Christians are all screwed up, to this guys face. It sparks a huge debate and people are mad for being so rude. She told me to back her up, and normally I would, but I just took some friends outside and we stayed there while they argued.

Later she ask me, "Your're not Christian are you?" I told her I was agnostic. She then rolled her eyes and told me she hates that even worse then Christians. She said agnostics don't care one way or the other, and I have "no passion" for anything. She then starts something about politics and it gets around to Clinton and how wonderful he is. She said that if there is one thing that get's on her nerves more than Christians are Republicans.

I was about to blow. I had tried all night to be nice, but I had about had it. i can see why she has no friends. She thinks I am best friends with her though, and they want to go see Austin Powers tommorow with me. I am still good friends with her bf, but I don't think I can stand being around her. She is so fvcking rude. Should I say something to her bf about it?

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
Originally posted by: spankyOO7
tell her there is a black hole in the middle of ur butt.

fill her black hole with your big dipper.

-=bmacd=-

hell no. I hate this girl and she is fugly (nothing against fugly people, i just hate her)

boi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2002
Just don't talk to her that much. She will realize you are boring and then she will go away =)

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: boi
Just don't talk to her that much. She will realize you are boring and then she will go away =)

If it were only that easy. After she had pissed everyone off (including me), my friend and I were the only ones who would even talk to her. She didn't see this though. She is so proud of herself its sick. She can't see how rude she is to everyone. Since I was the good host and talked to her, she thinks I like her and she wants to be best friends. I still want to be able to do stuff with my friend, but I cannot be around her. I don't want to say anything, but I think that's what it might have to come down to.

Ramsnake

Apr 12, 2002
dude...if u find this situation annoying then best of luck for the rest of your life.....from my point of view since u actually took the trouble to get a solution at an internet forum shows that you were extremely offended by her comments...try to be a little broad minded....its not like she is your roomate or something.but seriously..i wonder how old u are....this is really an insignificant thing...no point thinking too much about it...there are better things to do than get worked up over a certain friends's girlfriend whom u meet only everyonce in a while. just laugh it off .

UglyCasanova

Lifer
Mar 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Ramsnake
dude...if u find this situation annoying then best of luck for the rest of your life.....from my point of view since u actually took the trouble to get a solution at an internet forum shows that you were extremely offended by her comments...try to be a little broad minded....its not like she is your roomate or something.but seriously..i wonder how old u are....this is really an insignificant thing...no point thinking too much about it...there are better things to do than get worked up over a certain friends's girlfriend whom u meet only everyonce in a while. just laugh it off .

Yeah I know, I am over reacting, but I don't know. I am only 17, turning 18 in 1 month :D, but I have worked as a checker at a grocery store for a year and a half. I put up with tons of sh!t everyday. I'm not one to get mad, either. Usually people can say whatever they want and i don't care, but there was just something about it the other night. i guess it was here pissing everyone at my party off or something, but it just made me madded than usual. I am over reacting I think, though. sigh, i dunno...

Balt

Lifer
Mar 12, 2000
Keep every response to her statements/inquiries limited to 1-2 words. When she starts 'educating' you about the mysteries of the universe say something like "that's nice." or "huh." like you really couldn't care less.

It's all in the tone, my friend.

Ramsnake

Apr 12, 2002
Originally posted by: dparker
Originally posted by: Ramsnake

Yeah I know, I am over reacting, but I don't know. I am only 17, turning 18 in 1 month :D, but I have worked as a checker at a grocery store for a year and a half. I put up with tons of sh!t everyday. I'm not one to get mad, either. Usually people can say whatever they want and i don't care, but there was just something about it the other night. i guess it was here pissing everyone at my party off or something, but it just made me madded than usual. I am over reacting I think, though. sigh, i dunno...

good to hear that you are 17-18....im 23 now..i probably would have reacted similiarly at that age....but seriously speaking you have larger problems to worry abt in life like career, ur family, ur girlfriend, leeches out there trying to suck u dry etc. ..cases like the one you mentioned right now and cases of meeting people every now and then who are rude or annoying can just be laughed away....if it is a boss or a roomate or an officemate or a gf u need to worry ....that too only if it affects your way of life.
like for example if an officemate is trying to invade ur privacy or stuff like that then u have a problem....otherwise just try to be indifferent...dont get too annoyed or irritated if he picks his nose all day or something like that..:D....

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
She thinks I am best friends with her though, and they want to go see Austin Powers tommorow with me

Have a talk with your friend (her boyfriend) and tell him you dont care for the company of his woman and her rudeness. He'll either understand or not. If he doesnt then go on with your life. If he does, then go on with your life. See a pattern here? Laugh it off and go on with your life. You'll find that those type of people are everywhere in life. Best way to deal with them is "flag'em" and remember not to invite them around again after your initial encounter. Avoidance is your best defense. If your forced into an arguement or situation, stand your ground and tell her what you think.

Just be smarter about the invitation list when you have your next party.;)

~wnied~

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Balt
Keep every response to her statements/inquiries limited to 1-2 words. When she starts 'educating' you about the mysteries of the universe say something like "that's nice." or "huh." like you really couldn't care less.

It's all in the tone, my friend.

Good advice.. she is trying way, way too hard to "fit in", and it's backfiring. Ignore her, she should go away.