How to create a digital signature for the WIN10 x64 driver?

HUK87

Feb 14, 2018
Hello forum!
I have a device from a silicone developer and WIN10x64. With this device comes the driver with a good digital signature. But I need to rename the device name "silicone cp210x" to my name "Example" in the device's installation driver. I'm using a utility - CustomUSBDriverWizard.exe to create a renamed installation driver, but the installer is created without a digital signature ".cat" file. Is there a way to create my digital signature for Windows or to adapt the driver certificate for the name of the "silicone cp210x" for my name "Example"?
Disable digital signature verification or contact Microsoft for the digital signature of the driver with my name - these options do not need me. Perhaps there is a program for editing digital signatures of drivers or creating new digital signatures based on an inf. and sys. file?

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I Do Not know what your device is?

Computers running Win 10 creates a Signature on Microsoft Activation server that is done according to Microsoft formula and relates mainly to the computer's Motherboard.

This signature does care if you change your computer name or its peripheral components.

:cool:

XavierMace

Diamond Member
Apr 20, 2013
I Do Not know what your device is?

Computers running Win 10 creates a Signature on Microsoft Activation server that is done according to Microsoft formula and relates mainly to the computer's Motherboard.

This signature does care if you change your computer name or its peripheral components.

:cool:

He's asking about device driver signing, not Windows activation.