How to Copy Videos from PC to iPad 2 without using iTunes?

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by cheez, May 2, 2011.

1. cheez

cheez Golden Member

This has been extremely difficult for me to find info via google. All the ones I have found want money, like anywhere from $25~ 30.

Is there any trick or any free (open source) utility that will allow copy video files from PC to iPad 2 without using iTunes?

Thanks...

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Copy Videos iPad Forum Date
    Does putting a 720p or 1080p copy of a movie or tv show make a difference on a iPad ? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Dec 21, 2016
    Any smartphone that records 4k hevc video? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Nov 16, 2016
    Copy or clone a sim card? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Apr 2, 2016
    Want to copy micro SD for backup Mobile Devices & Gadgets Feb 24, 2016
    Is it possible to copy the contactless data from a credit card onto my phone? Mobile Devices & Gadgets Dec 11, 2015

3. Phynaz

Phynaz Diamond Member

4. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

There are apps that will play most any type of video file, so you don't have to convert them to your iTunes library. However, to get to the file sharing section for these apps (where you copy the files to your device), you need to use iTunes since it is in the apps section.

5. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Is that called "Home Sharing" or something like it in iTunes? I have never used that feature before. How does it work? Are you for real that I can copy files to iPad 2 using this feature???:eek:

6. Red Storm

Red Storm Lifer

It's in the Apps section. Apps like BuzzPlayer or AVPlayer will play all kinds of video file types. To get the videos on your device, you get the app, then in iTunes go to the Apps section, click on the app, and then at the bottom it has a "File Sharing" window, where you just drag and drop the videos into there and it will copy from your PC to your iPad, no converting needed.

Apparently AVPlayer can also do this over wifi, but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know how it works.

7. cheez

cheez Golden Member

Thanks for the awesome info. I will try them out. Thanks.:D