Question How to connect between PC and Server PC on different router on same LAN

shaffiqfiq88

Dec 5, 2022
Hi everyone.

A brief intro, I am not a network people but at my organization doesn't have network person. So I have been given this task to setup my network. Please help me.

Network Sketch.jpg

Above is my network sketch. My question :
  1. How to share folder between PC1A and PC3A?
  2. How to access local webpage on IIS at PC Server from another PC outside of server router?
Current progress :
  1. I'm able to share file between PC on same router.
  2. I'm able to browse the webpage using IP of PC Server from PC over the same router.
Current problem reflected above question.

Kindly please help me. Thanks.

mv2devnull

Golden Member
Apr 13, 2010
Both PC1A PC3A have IP 192.168.0.10. It is impossible to distinguish between them.
The three subnets should not have same 192.168.0.0/24 address range. They should be unique.

Why do you have those three routers at all? Can't the "enterprise router" offer either big enough subnet (like 192.168.0.0/22), or ports for all three blocks?

What can we say about organizations that assign tasks to persons who are unable to do those tasks?

Reactions: mxnerd and ch33zw1z

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
If it is a enterprise/company, well, they need some help.

The subnet issue like mv2devnull said is definitely an issue. It "can" be temporarily fixed using static routes, but it is a nightmare that shouldn't be done, as it will be a pain in the neck to maintain as each system would need static routes to each other system and all the routers would also need static routes to all the devices on the other two routers.

It should really be fixed by changing the internal subnets used across/between router1, router2, and route3 so that they are different from each other if the traffic really does need to be kept separate for some reason, or a single larger subnet should be created that is shared across all those systems and router1 - 3 replaced by one or more layer3 switches or simply extend the VLAN across them. In other words router1 should have 192.168.1.0/24, router2 192.168.2.0/24, and router3 192.168.3.0/24. But this also assumes that there is nothing else attached to the 10.108.46.0/24 subnet which also uses those same IP address ranges. Otherwise you are better off creating separate VLANs on the enterprise switch level (10.108.46.1) and physically tag the ports that connect to router1, router2, and router3, and creating ACL and routing rules allowing those VLANs to communicate to each other as well as to the internet). Again, only needed if you really need to segregate the hosts off router1, route2, and router3 (there are sometimes good reasons for segregation such as router1 is company equipment, while router2 is personal equipment such as phones, or possibly laptops, or third party equipment such as contractors/sub-contractors/outside guests). But if that isn't the case, just have a larger subnet made and put all of them into one subnet.

Last edited:

George Nasir

Sep 20, 2022
Connect to the same wireless network as step 1.
while STEP 2 Sort out the privacy settings.
Get the settings for guests and the public straight in Step 3.
Turn on Network Sharing in step four.