How to adjust bass for Realtek HD audio?

skeedo

Nov 29, 2004
First build ever where I'm using onboard audio believe it or not, already having my doubts because I seemingly can't adjust the bass. I have no tone control like I do with SB card on other computer. The Googles seem to point to Realtek Audio Manager to adjust bass, however this is no longer available. Granted I have some crappy 2.1 speakers with no bass control and I won't be using them much longer, the bass is over powering and adjusting subwoofer level does not do anything. Anybody know how I can turn the bass down?

jkauff

Oct 4, 2012
I have Realtek HD Audio Manager running on my Asus Z97 Pro motherboard from 2014. It came with the driver DVD from Asus, but it's also downloadable from the Asus site. What motherboard brand are you using? I'd check their support web site for a download.

FeuerFrei

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2005
Pro tip for minimizing bass:
Turn the volume KNOB down as low as you can get away with.
Then, in Windows, crank the software volume control to max, or as max as you want.

Bass needs "extra" power. The physical volume knob on the speaker set will rob them of power/amplification. The low frequencies are the first to die off (attenuate) because they require the most power. Boosting the speakers' input power (line in), via Windows, will predominantly effect the higher freqs ... allowing you to achieve decent volume while minimizing obnoxious bass.

All this is based on my own experience. This is a general principle for dealing with whatever speakers you're living with.

DesiPower

Lifer
Nov 22, 2008
There are no direct option to control bass in Realtech audio manager, in fact I have rarely seen them in any audio manager. You are suppose to control then via the player that playing music or movie or whatever, that's the general rule of thumb. Only thing I have seen in to control the crossover based on speaker size.