how to activate rumble feature for PSX controllers?

SuPrEIVIE

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2003
I got this about 3 years ago and the first install of this and the vibration feature worked well, but then after reformatting and installing the drivers even in XP again it never worked, and i didnt even see the test option for vibration under game controllers?

Im using vista now and installed the drivers and the drivers dont seem to show up or replace the default vista properties tab under game controllers and as well no rumble support?

any body know how to use rumble with this radioshack PSX converter? im assume difference in vista and xp here is neglectable

thanks in advance!

TemjinGold

Diamond Member
Dec 16, 2006
Originally posted by: SuPrEIVIE
im assume difference in vista and xp here is neglectable

I'd definitely agree the difference is neglectable as you seemed to have neglected it. :D

SuPrEIVIE

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2003
hehe yeah not much changed in terms of controller support, but i would like to activate vibration again for this if anyone who figured it out can tell me how??

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
I use that convert cable and also noticed the lack. No solution here unfortunately. But the vibration feature never really added to the gaming experience for me, personally.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
I have a radioshack psx adapter, and it definitely does not support the rumble. I don't think it's a driver thing, it's just not built into the hardware.

clickynext

Platinum Member
Dec 24, 2004
The radioshack adapter I have supports force feedback, and I'm pretty sure the OP mentioned that his did at one point as well. It just doesn't seem to work in Vista?

SuPrEIVIE

Platinum Member
Aug 21, 2003
yes it did upon first installation on XP and strangely the feature just disappeared on reinstalls, but for vista the driver installs but its nothing but an invisible install it does nothing, im assuming if it worked once and the product description says it supports rumble, i was thinking it was definately possible to somehow make it work again vista or not