How the mighty have fallen

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999

Jose Conseco was a good ball player in his prime.

I thought he was retired, but no... he must need the money so he plays AAA:

Jose Can you see

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Ricky Henderson and him will try to play until they are 60 years old. They are both pathetic.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by: TheNinja
Ricky Henderson and him will try to play until they are 60 years old. They are both pathetic.

Why is it pathetic?

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Originally posted by: Amused

Why is it pathetic?

Julio Franco may actually play into his 60's and still be productive, now call HIM pathetic, I dare you..

rockyct

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2001
If I were a former baseball player who made millions of dollars, I'd do the same thing. Sure its not the majors, but it shows you how much they love playing baseball.

KB

Diamond Member
Nov 8, 1999
Would you want to go out of baseball playing for the Surf Dogs? Its like being a programmer and your last project is Misrosoft Bob.

Jun 19, 2004
He should coach a little leaugue team of misfits that no one cares about and make a movie out of it....oh wait, they already did Bad News Bears

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001

WTF are you talking about? i read an article on ricky henderson the other day. he plays purely because he ENJOYS it. he plays for some little independant league and makes almost no money, but doesn't mind because he's already loaded. he rolls up to practice in a limo, gets to play some ball, steal some bases, and goes home. who can blame him for having a good time? he has certainly earned the right to do whatever he wants. and while conseco has way less class as a person, you can't blame him for wanting to have fun, either. they guys are jocks, after all. they aren't going to settle down and garden in their retirement.